Check your account email address ×

Pulled the plug on the 401k

Just now, f7ben said:

I feel much better in the mm fund until this whole trump and fed shit shakes out

In all aspects of business and investment I always say pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, nothing wrong with just fattening up :bc:  

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In all aspects of business and investment I always say pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, nothing wrong with just fattening up :bc:  

Its been a good year so far and im pouring money into the retirement. Just take a little while and see what shakes out. Hopefully all this shit blows over. Trump gets a few wins....the fed comes up with a good plan and its full speed ahead for everyone.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its been a good year so far and im pouring money into the retirement. Just take a little while and see what shakes out. Hopefully all this shit blows over. Trump gets a few wins....the fed comes up with a good plan and its full speed ahead for everyone.

I've had some money on the side for a few months waiting for a time to put more in, perhaps that time is now.  Had I just invested earlier and just topped up my existing holdings I would have been farther ahead.

There are very few who can time it properly and if your a long time investor (hopefully) you are usually better of to just ride it so long as you are in quality holding.  The worst mistake is to get out after a crash and many do this.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

i timed things pretty good with the home purchase. got in right at the cusp of this crazy real estate market and locked a good rate. housing prices are going fucking crazy right now. there's freaking bidding wars. lol. i kept my liquidity and got into the house for short money. if prices keep skyrocketing i might be forced to sell. 

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

i timed things pretty good with the home purchase. got in right at the cusp of this crazy real estate market and locked a good rate. housing prices are going fucking crazy right now. there's freaking bidding wars. lol. i kept my liquidity and got into the house for short money. if prices keep skyrocketing i might be forced to sell. 

All that and two bucks still add up to you being a complete faggot.

all of the markets are very correlated. keep it all in the US markets. thay are the growth markets. invest after a crash . if your worried, put in stops below current prices. any interest rises will be slow as not to spook the markets.  the boomer generation likes to live high off the hog, if the market goes down it wont be for long, that would hurt to many americans. they will find a new way to prop it back up. keep pushing out the pain till another generation can pay it back.

On 6/13/2017 at 5:37 PM, f7ben said:

Moved everything to a stable money market fund .....up 11% this year and I dont want to give it back when shit crashes. I'll get back in somewhere around DOW 16,0000 

The moves the FED is going to make raising rates and unwinding the balance sheet are gonna hurt , and Trump is a fucking retard

That is my rationale :lol: 

lost your ass on US Steel :lol2: