Check your account email address ×

ELEVATION DOESNT MATTER HERRRRDERRRRR

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Roosting said:

fill me in as to how you understand it with your own words

Read the link.

Just now, Roosting said:

you can comprehend the link so I need to read it?

Read F7bens link

Just now, Steve753 said:

Read F7bens link

Try pressing that soft spot on your head and voice to text what blurts out of your mouth.

It might be the most intelligent thing you post in this thread.

seriously 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If a vehicle has a turbo and utilizes it to increase manifold pressure at any given time during operation then its turbocharged. 

Nope , it’s normalized 

Just now, HSR said:

Now you know how his teachers feel.

I've stayed out of the topic for the most part. It says right in his link the turbo normalized motor is different. There is more to it than just adding boost to distinguish it as a turbo charger and not a normalizer.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nope , it’s normalized 

What normalizes it?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Try pressing that soft spot on your head and voice to text what blurts out of your mouth.

It might be the most intelligent thing you post in this thread.

seriously 

K

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

What normalizes it?

A turbocharger , how about if I install a turbo and wire the wastegate open so it could never make any boost. Is it still turbocharged or did I just install another muffler? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What normalizes it?

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A turbocharger 

Exactly 

Shut 'er down Doug!!!

26 minutes ago, Rod said:

Still trying to figure out how 170 hp is a lot more power than 170 hp

You do know a N/A only makes 170 at sea level or with a correction factor. It doesn't make 170 anywhere in the real sledding world. Just magazines where you and Ben get your info from.

The turbo makes 170 in the real world.

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If a vehicle has a turbo and utilizes it to increase manifold pressure at any given time during operation then its turbocharged. 

:goodpost:

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A turbocharger , how about if I install a turbo and wire the wastegate open so it could never make any boost. Is it still turbocharged or did I just install another muffler? 

Highmark ^^^^ 

20 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've stayed out of the topic for the most part. It says right in his link the turbo normalized motor is different. There is more to it than just adding boost to distinguish it as a turbo charger and not a normalizer.

No , that is an example of what that specific company may change. The reason I posted the link was to illustrate they are two distinct designs. Quit being a know nothing dumbfuck retard 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No , that is an example of what that specific company may change. The reason I posted the link was to illustrate they are two distinct designs. Quit being a know nothing dumbfuck retard 

I've seen it in many links.  It's the main difference and really the only one between normalizing and charged.

:bc:

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've seen it in many links.  It's the main difference and really the only one between normalizing and charged.

:bc:

Omg you’re dumb lol 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Highmark ^^^^ 

Can you give me an example of that?

My example at some point changes manifold pressure with the use of exhaust gases driving a turbo impeller.   The pure definition of turbocharging. 

Ben I get what you are saying but your hatred of how Skidoo was doing the first turbo mountain sled does not change what it was doing.  Increasing manifold pressure by the use of exhaust gases driving a turbo.  The level of pressurization need not matter as long as it be greater than what would naturally be available. 

Go ahead and sue BRP for faulty advertising and see if you win.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Omg you’re dumb lol 

Nobody here thinks you're dumb Ben.

We know you just have bad luck when it comes to thinking :bc:

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Can you give me an example of that?

My example at some point changes manifold pressure with the use of exhaust gases driving a turbo impeller.   The pure definition of turbocharging. 

Ben I get what you are saying but your hatred of how Skidoo was doing the first turbo mountain sled does not change what it was doing.  Increasing manifold pressure by the use of exhaust gases driving a turbo.  The level of pressurization need not matter. 

Go ahead and sue BRP for faulty advertising and see if you win.  :lol:  

I’m simply saying , turbo normalizing and turbo charging are two different things. The terms were put into common industry nomenclature by the aircraft industry who were the pioneers of commercial turbo use. What skidoo did in 2020 is a text book definition of turbo normalizing. What they did in 2021 is a text book definition of turbocharging. It’s not hard to concede 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nobody here thinks you're dumb Ben.

We know you just have bad luck when it comes to thinking :bc:

Except I’m correct and you’re not ….again

Posted (edited)

:pc:  Wiki but still defines it correctly.  Techically every foot of elevation changes atmospheric pressure very small amount.   

In a naturally aspirated engine, air for combustion (Diesel cycle in a diesel engine or specific types of Otto cycle in petrol engines, namely petrol direct injection) or an air/fuel mixture (traditional Otto cycle petrol engines), is drawn into the engine's cylinders by atmospheric pressure acting against a partial vacuum that occurs as the piston travels downwards toward bottom dead centre during the intake stroke. Owing to innate restriction in the engine's inlet tract, which includes the intake manifold, a small pressure drop occurs as air is drawn in, resulting in a volumetric efficiency of less than 100 percent—and a less than complete air charge in the cylinder. The density of the air charge, and therefore the engine's maximum theoretical power output, in addition to being influenced by induction system restriction, is also affected by engine speed and atmospheric pressure, the latter of which decreases as the operating altitude increases.

This is in contrast to a forced-induction engine, in which a mechanically driven supercharger or an exhaust-driven turbocharger is employed to facilitate increasing the mass of intake air beyond what could be produced by atmospheric pressure alone.

Edited by Highmark