Check your account email address ×

What would civil war look like in the US?

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Will the military come out in force on their own people? Especially if they agree with them? Who knows but never say never 

Your military has proven to do some heinous things following orders in the past, I wouldn't count on them not following orders if it came to that.

So what would be the final straw in your opinion? It hasn't happened yet with all that has happened in the US since the civil war, what do you think it would take to finally trigger such an event? What would ignite  a war??

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ckf said:

For the most part civilians and the military had the same weapons back then. 

Ya mean civilians had military style assault rifles?

Just now, HSR said:

Your military has proven to do some heinous things following orders in the past, I wouldn't count on them not following orders if it came to that.

So what would be the final straw in your opinion? It hasn't happened yet with all that has happened in the US since the civil war, what do you think it would take to finally trigger such an event? What would ignite suck a war??

If you’re going to get this emotional over my opinion you should use the ignore function. I’m simply not ruling it out. This is a simple thing to understand even for a person like you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

So what would be the final straw in your opinion? It hasn't happened yet with all that has happened in the US since the civil war, what do you think it would take to finally trigger such an event? What would ignite  a war??

Attempting gun confiscation 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Ya mean civilians had military style assault rifles?

But they don’t want use to have those anymore :news: 

Just now, Skidooski said:

If you’re going to get this emotional over my opinion you should use the ignore function. I’m simply not ruling it out. This is a simple thing to understand even for a person like you

I'm not emotional at all, I'm simply trying to have a discussion with you and asked you a few questions, ie: conversation.

If that's too much for you just carry on :bc:

Just now, HSR said:

I'm not emotional at all, I'm simply trying to have a discussion with you and asked you a few questions, ie: conversation.

If that's too much for you just carry on :bc:

You’re a cunt looking for a gotcha moment. I stated my opinion, you don’t agree so you’re doing your thing. Carry on

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Attempting gun confiscation 

Thank you, yes I supposed if they tried that some would push back hard. But that would be gun owners vs government not exactly civil war. That would be a rebellion against the government wouldn't it?? Not left vs right?

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

It’ll never happen….except for that time it did :lol:

Most were still loyalists then.  Pretty sure we could name them today.:lol:

I think some here have confused civil war ( war amongst the citizenry) with attempting to overthrow a sitting elected government. 

2 totally different things.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

A coup is much more likely to happen than a civil war :dunno:

I would agree to that :bc: