Check your account email address ×

Computer Question(s)

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I can shut it down, but sleeps never works, I have it set at 1 minute now.

Bet you have sleep mode set to never.

Settings/System/Power&Sleep/Options/shut off never

That or you have something running in the background that won't let it sleep.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Bet you have sleep mode set to never.

Settings/System/Power&Sleep/Options/shut off never

That or you have something running in the background that won't let it sleep.

I'll look again tomorrow and report back.

Thank you

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It may be labeled something different.  Same idea though

Ok, don't see "options" but found "never" it was not on never, both were on 1 minute, now I put 15 minutes on and still won't shut off.

This may or may not have something to do with the issue, about a year or so ago I took it into a Computer repair shop because I couldn't get it to turn on the screen, place had it for about 2 weeks, he called me to pick it up and said he had to install a new hard drive, total bill was $200, anyhow when going through the settings features it will sometimes say how to do the settings and mentions "this Laptop", I wonder if the new hard drive he installed is for a Win 10 Laptop and that somehow is causing the sleep issues I'm having with it.:wall:

Edited by XCR1250

On that screen go to Additional Power Settings.  Once there you should see something like this:

kMj9Bia.png

If you click the default "balanced" plan it should reset it or you go into your "Change plan settings" and see that you probably have it set to never sleep.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

On that screen go to Additional Power Settings.  Once there you should see something like this:

kMj9Bia.png

If you click the default "balanced" plan it should reset it or you go into your "Change plan settings" and see that you probably have it set to never sleep.

I've looked there but will look again now.

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It will :)  Definitely update us as that should be the only place that will restrict it unless you have some aftermarket screen saver or such that keeps it on...

That didn't work, I'm on my week old computer typing this and leaving the other computer on to see it the screen goes off, it's set at 1 minute and still on now.

Where would another screen saver be?

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It will :)  Definitely update us as that should be the only place that will restrict it unless you have some aftermarket screen saver or such that keeps it on...

Edited by XCR1250

As for screen saver, you can hit the windows button and type "programs" and then select Add/Remove Programs and look through the list.

Alternatively you can shut off what automatically starts in windows.

Windows button, type startup, choose Startup Apps and look through the list.  If you post that whole list it would be easier to help.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There are two options to set sleep mode, one on battery and the other while on power.  Windows is glitchy as well, could even be a bad hraphics driver.

This is a plugin the wall Dell desktop, 24 inch screen.

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

image.thumb.png.918f8f19fefa322eeecfd157c76fe15d.png

You cut off the top ones.  Send Anywhere could possibly disable sleep as it would force it not to work.  I have never used that, but by default that sort of program could be a culprit.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

You cut off the top ones.  Send Anywhere could possibly disable sleep as it would force it not to work.  I have never used that, but by default that sort of program could be a culprit.

That was a screen shot, the 1/2 of the top one is all there is, that is the keyboard I'm using, Logitech.