Check your account email address ×

How bad is this?

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Very Strange. Obviously they modify them at assembly.

Ok, 2022 Renegade XRS with Smart Shocks uses the same footrest and rear support as the Mach Z so the roller should be the same.

Part # 5183329024

If I've done this right. Now I will check what I have.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen the parts list wrong.  Your sled is on the Renegade platform?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen the parts list wrong.  Your sled is on the Renegade platform?

Yes.

And the roller I have here.

IMG_7296.jpeg

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I just poured over these parts diagrams for an hour.

2022 Mach Z, 2023 MXZ std, 2022 MXZ XRS and 2023 MXZ XRS SAS all use the same part number for the Footrest.

Part # 518332306

The Roller for the 2023 MXZ XRS and 2022 MXZ XRS both use the same part number. # 51839024

The 2023 MXZ XRS SAS has the part number for the Roller (now called footrest support)  # 518332307

The rear tunnel support for the 2023 MXZ XRS SAS and the 2022 MXZ XRS std both use part # 518334412

The 2022 Mach Z and the 2023 MXZ XRS both use Rear Tunnel Support part # 518334413

Now I am completely lost..........lol

In the end, I have to fit this Footrest as they all use the same part number, then I will have to figure out whether the roller I have fits or not.

Are you sure the footrest is #518332306??? I’m on doo now and it’s showing a different number 518331523 and I did checkout and it’s not showing anything being out of stock.

32 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Are you sure the footrest is #518332306??? I’m on doo now and it’s showing a different number 518331523 and I did checkout and it’s not showing anything being out of stock.

I have no way of knowing. The part came with no sticker or anything for part number. There is no stamped number on it. All I have is the invoice and the part.

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I have no way of knowing. The part came with no sticker or anything for part number. There is no stamped number on it. All I have is the invoice and the part.

I’m assuming the invoice says the part number you posted above? If it was me I’d try and order the number I posted 518331523 that’s the number it appears to call for online and appears to look like the original from the sled in the diagram anyways. It seems to be used on many different sleds Mach z xrs etc.

https://www.skidoopartshouse.com/oemparts/p/ski_doo/518331523/deep-black-lh-footrest-reinforcement

14 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m assuming the invoice says the part number you posted above? If it was me I’d try and order the number I posted 518331523 that’s the number it appears to call for online and appears to look like the original from the sled in the diagram anyways. It seems to be used on many different sleds Mach z xrs etc.

https://www.skidoopartshouse.com/oemparts/p/ski_doo/518331523/deep-black-lh-footrest-reinforcement

That’s the support. Not the footrest.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Fucked. It’s not the same and no way to order anything else.

IMG_7308.jpeg

I'd go back to the dealer hopefully he's local with both parts and say something is not right.  Back up plan would be it looks like you'll only lose one mounting hole once you add the cut out.  If you know someone with a TIG welder with high frequency have them weld in a small piece to pick up the missing hole.  The missing holes can just be transfer drilled once you have it dry fit on the sled.

Lay some tape down and layout were you added cutout is.  You may even miss the hole with the cutout and use it for a mount.

it will work out :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'd go back to the dealer hopefully he's local with both parts and say something is not right.  Back up plan would be it looks like you'll only lose on mounting home once you add the cut out.  If you know someone with a TIG welder with high frequency have them weld in a small piece to pick up the missing hole.  The missing holes can just be transfer drilled once you have it dry fit on the sled.

Lay some tape down and layout were you added cutout is.  You may even miss the hole with the cutout and use it for a mount.

Agree and it’s weird the part doesn’t have a sticker/tag or anything to verify the number. The very least I’d order another just to verify it wasn’t a stamping issue or wrong part sent out.

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'd go back to the dealer hopefully he's local with both parts and say something is not right.  Back up plan would be it looks like you'll only lose on mounting home once you add the cut out.  If you know someone with a TIG welder with high frequency have them weld in a small piece to pick up the missing hole.  The missing holes can just be transfer drilled once you have it dry fit on the sled.

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Agree and it’s weird the part doesn’t have a sticker/tag or anything to verify the number. The very least I’d order another just to verify it wasn’t a stamping issue or wrong part sent out.

we think alike. I went back to the dealer. The parts kid I was dealing with has Fridays off so I had to go through the whole ordeal with him for half an hour.

In the end, neither of us knows whether I have the correct part for that part number or not so I ordered another one. Should be here Wednesday.

If you want to go deep into this, check out the footrest for a 2021 XRS you’ll find that there are 2 part numbers. An old part number and the new updated part number which is the same as the ‘22 and ‘23’s.

I think what they sent me is the old 2021 part. 

• Like 2

The new footrest came today and it’s the right part. 
I probably won’t have much time to look at it until the weekend.

I still have the truck with no heat in the shop because Napa sent me the wrong heater core. The right one is supposed to come tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 9:40 PM, Blackstar said:

The new footrest came today and it’s the right part. 
I probably won’t have much time to look at it until the weekend.

I still have the truck with no heat in the shop because Napa sent me the wrong heater core. The right one is supposed to come tomorrow.

Looks like your on a trend with ordering parts

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Doug said:

Looks like your on a trend with ordering parts

No shit eh?

Got the footrest mounted with bolts. The front section of the footrest was bent too. I had the use a big set of channel lock pliers and a fair bit of weight to get the roller to sit right. I drilled the balance of the holes and then removed it. Deburred the holes and the parts are ready for powder coat. I will also need 30 1/4” rivets and almost 20 3/16” rivets to put it together. 

IMG_7349.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No shit eh?

Got the footrest mounted with bolts. The front section of the footrest was bent too. I had the use a big set of channel lock pliers and a fair bit of weight to get the roller to sit right. I drilled the balance of the holes and then removed it. Deburred the holes and the parts are ready for powder coat. I will also need 30 1/4” rivets and almost 20 3/16” rivets to put it together. 

IMG_7349.jpeg

Looks good...air rivet gun👍 Tell the wife it's going to be her sled now that she signed it and your buying a new one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Doug said:

Looks good...air rivet gun👍 Tell the wife it's going to be her sled now that she signed it and your buying a new one?

Yes, I borrowed a high quality gun from my buddy.

Hmmm, I like that idea be then I'd have to sell that purple cheetah machine. I'm going to be riding it next year at least. I never really got the feel for it this year. What I got from it so far is that the steering feels heavy and the seat is too low. I picked up a mechanical power steering kit from a guy on Dootalk. I need to try that out and try changing up the seat before I decide to move on to something else.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No shit eh?

IMG_7349.jpeg

Nice work 👍. It looks like the new panel lined up good I don’t see any bare aluminum from the tunnel.

• Like 1

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Nice work 👍. It looks like the new panel lined up good I don’t see any bare aluminum from the tunnel.

Yes, I was worried about that but it lines up perfect.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I borrowed a high quality gun from my buddy.

Hmmm, I like that idea be then I'd have to sell that purple cheetah machine. I'm going to be riding it next year at least. I never really got the feel for it this year. What I got from it so far is that the steering feels heavy and the seat is too low. I picked up a mechanical power steering kit from a guy on Dootalk. I need to try that out and try changing up the seat before I decide to move on to something else.

After your done riveting everything on check the inside of the tunnel for track clearance on the rivets. You may have to file a couple down to the mandrel for clearance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

After your done riveting everything on check the inside of the tunnel for track clearance on the rivets. You may have to file a couple down to the mandrel for clearance.

I bought this awesome little carbide bit for my die grinder at Napa yesterday. It was $65 but it works nice for a gentle chew.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All back together. Didn’t turn out too bad. Colour is good. Couple of scratches. I’ll have to touch up the rivets with some satin black paint.

IMG_7384.jpeg

This is the only place where I couldn’t get it to line up 100%. I had bolts holding it in place and I used a drift to pry it over but it just wouldn’t go without egging the holes so I will live with it.IMG_7385.jpeg

The three stainless screws are holding the wiring cover for the smart shocks. I don’t see the point in putting rivets back in when it will need servicing at some point.

I need to put the seat back on and give it a wash. Hoping for a test run tomorrow. I put MPS on the spindles while I was doing it.

• Like 5