Check your account email address ×

Hey Mainers...

• Gold Member

Where is a good place to get trail information and snow coverage for Maine? Considering a trip in the last week of Jan or first week of Feb. Any help or suggestions would be nice.

5 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Where is a good place to get trail information and snow coverage for Maine? Considering a trip in the last week of Jan or first week of Feb. Any help or suggestions would be nice.

try...

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/forum/19-maine/

IDK if there's many NE guys in this sub form... mostly a bunch of dick heads from WI/MN/MI a Croc wearing weirdo from Iowa, a janitor from NY, a guy who basically thinks he works for Cat and a drunk who claims to be from Alaska.

did I miss anyone?   :ashamed:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

What area of Maine?

As much as I hate Facebook the club pages is what I usually look at most of them are pretty good at updating. I also look at snow depth maps to see what area has the most snow when it’s early season.

Rangeley has in the past posted YouTube video updates like this….

Msa site has links to the clubs Facebook pages if you are not sure the areas club.

https://www.mainesnowmobileassociation.com/trail-conditions/

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

What area of Maine?

As much as I hate Facebook the club pages is what I usually look at most of them are pretty good at updating. I also look at snow depth maps to see what area has the most snow when it’s early season.

Rangeley has in the past posted YouTube video updates like this….

Msa site has links to the clubs Facebook pages if you are not sure the areas club.

https://www.mainesnowmobileassociation.com/trail-conditions/

I dont have an area picked out yet, might not even go. Just trying to have all yhe info to make a decision.

Anyone got suggestions?

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I dont have an area picked out yet, might not even go. Just trying to have all yhe info to make a decision.

Anyone got suggestions?

I don’t think the other Maine guys I’m aware of on here come in this section much if at all probably get more hits in current events. That said Rangeley posted a video update hour ago on facefuck and it’s probably the best bet right now according to the snow depth map that area has the most. It does look like cold and few potential storms coming though. I’d shoot for Millinocket if snow allows it’s the best place to base out of imo and easy ride straight up 95. Milli area in any direction is all awesome riding.

• Like 1

I'm a Mainer.

Usually Jackman, Rangeley, and the County are rideable by now, but this winter has been a bust so far.  If you ever decide to come to Maine, I can take you to the border cut trail, which would impress the heck out of you.

If you want scenic riding, Rangeley and the areas around it would be a good choice. If you want slot-car racing trails, Jackman is where you'll find them. If you want to cruise at 80 mph-100 mph for miles on end, The  County is the place to go. In my opinion, the border cut trail is better than anything else.

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 1