Check your account email address ×

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Current immigration laws are fine. I was out for drinks with my legal immigrant buddy last night and he was lamenting how much this shit makes him furious.  He spent countless hours and thousands of dollars going through proper channels, working his ass off, etc.

exactly,  we actually have rules in place we jsut have a bunch of liberal politicians who refuse to enforce them.  the system of legal immigrations not broken.  

57 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

The difference is ease of entrance, and who collects the $$.  
Personally I don’t want it to be that easy, and I would rather the agencies handling immigration are paid for by those immigrating.

Leave it hard and up the quotas, make em pay too, it’s not like they can’t afford coyotes to get them across. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Leave it hard and up the quotas, make em pay too, it’s not like they can’t afford coyotes to get them across. 

Definatly up the quotas. Ice been saying all along , greatly increase legal immigration and go zero tollerance for illegal

• Like 1

Need to greatly rework and increase the capacity of the H1B program for skilled workers who want to come here.  Let's bring in the smart folks and give them a path to citizenship. I'd like to see the naturalization laws changed though, where once you become a US citizen, you have to give up your foreign citizenship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Need to greatly rework and increase the capacity of the H1B program for skilled workers who want to come here.  Let's bring in the smart folks and give them a path to citizenship. I'd like to see the naturalization laws changed though, where once you become a US citizen, you have to give up your foreign citizenship.

The heck is wrong with dual citizenship?

11 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The heck is wrong with dual citizenship?

If you're here, you should be all-in.  This is not uncommon in other countries.  Taiwan, for example.  My wife is dual Taiwan/USA citizen by birthright.  I can't get Taiwan citizenship as her spouse unless I terminate my USA citizenship.

It shows a willingness to commit completely, rather than get citizenship just as a matter of convenience.

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

honestly i think thats less of our need than blue collar workers to do the jobs white kids think they are too good for.   

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you're here, you should be all-in.  This is not uncommon in other countries.  Taiwan, for example.  My wife is dual Taiwan/USA citizen by birthright.  I can't get Taiwan citizenship as her spouse unless I terminate my USA citizenship.

It shows a willingness to commit completely, rather than get citizenship just as a matter of convenience.

That’s kinda arbitrary to me, why do we need full commitment? Is our collective ego that fragile?

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

honestly i think thats less of our need than blue collar workers to do the jobs white kids think they are too good for.   

Blue collar white millennial here reporting for duty lol

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

exactly,  we actually have rules in place we jsut have a bunch of liberal politicians who refuse to enforce them.  the system of legal immigrations not broken.  

The conservatives didn't either.

flILrbp.png

They are all fucked.  Not saying the chart above is correct, but it isn't orders of magnitude off.  Releasing half?  WTF?  Neither are doing shit to make it better.

Then meatheads focus on the wrong detail.  Number of people illegally entering.  The easiest way to slow that down is to let the whole world know exactly how we deal with to take the desire away.  The bullshit that either party did shit right is absurd.  We have laws and they should be followed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

The quotas are way too low, supply isn’t keeping up with demand, I thought you righties were big on following the invisible hand of the market?

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The quotas are way too low, supply isn’t keeping up with demand, I thought you righties were big on following the invisible hand of the market?

Even h2b's are maxed out before 10% of companies that need help apply.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wildboer said:

we need to lower 1 quota.  zero muslims should be allowed to immigrate here.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

we need to lower 1 quota.  zero muslims should be allowed to immigrate here.  

Got a practical reason for that or is it just unfettered Islamophobia?

14 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Got a practical reason for that or is it just unfettered Islamophobia?

islamic values are not inline with american judeo christian based values and they are attempting to destroy the fabric of every country they have infected.  they can keep their own countries and do whatever the fuck they want there but coming here and expecting america to turn into a third world shit holes unacceptable.  

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

islamic values are not inline with american judeo christian based values and they are attempting to destroy the fabric of every country they have infected.  they can keep their own countries and do whatever the fuck they want there but coming here and expecting america to turn into a third world shit holes unacceptable.  

1st amendment jackass, America is not a judeo Christian nation and you’re fucked up for thinking it is.

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

1st amendment jackass, America is not a judeo Christian nation and you’re fucked up for thinking it is.

yet it is.  our rules of law clearly are based on that not Sharia which is the biggest threeat to this country and european ones.   we should look at them as out wakeup call along with the dirty somalinas in MN fucking that place up

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yet it is.  our rules of law clearly are based on that not Sharia which is the biggest threeat to this country and european ones.   we should look at them as out wakeup call along with the dirty somalinas in MN fucking that place up

So it’s definitely Islamophobia then, got it.