Check your account email address ×

Gee , wonder how that happened

• Platinum Contributing Member

Doctor Issues Warning on Risk of Polio in New York

Dr. Marc Siegel, a clinical professor of medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center and a Fox News contributor, issued a warning on Friday about the rising risk of polio in New York amid the migrant crisis.

In 2022, the first case of polio in New York since 1990 had been detected. According to the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the polio virus was not only found in an unvaccinated adult in Rockland County, but was also found in several wastewater samples from communities near the adult's residence. In the late 1940s, more than 35,000 people were paralyzed from polio in the U.S. every year, according to the CDC. But the vaccine in 1955 dramatically reduced the spread of the disease to less than 100 cases annually by the 1960s. The virus had also been eliminated from the U.S. by 1979, though sporadic cases that originated abroad have been identified over the years.

Polio symptoms include fatigue, fever, headache, stiffness, muscle pain and vomiting. It can take up to 30 days for symptoms to show. It can also lead to permanent paralysis of the arms and legs, and even death in some cases.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the resident TDS'ers haven't blamed it on Trump yet.  I guess it's Saturday night - maybe by tomorrow they'll chime in and do their usual blaming of him for everything that's wrong in the world :news:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'm surprised the resident TDS'ers haven't blamed it on Trump yet.  I guess it's Saturday night - maybe by tomorrow they'll chime in and do their usual blaming of him for everything that's wrong in the world :news:

Plenty of the dumbasses that don't vaccinate their kids are libs, hell maybe even most of them. This Rockland County NY Polio stuff is thanks to Hasidic Jews though.

Edited by Wildboer

10 hours ago, joe_zrt said:

There's proven vaccines, and there's "vaccines"

And unfortunately there's stupid people

Aren’t there some 3rd world cheap ass vaccines that actually give you polio or something