Check your account email address ×

Quick plant tour

ZR6000RR

Just got back from TRF after a tour of the plant. 129's on the line, mostly base from what we saw. Dirt side building Wild Cat XX models as was told way behind production on that model. We're not building today as waiting to get enough engines to be able to run full shifts. Was a lot of fun talking to the workers. Catalyst is much easier to build, but the air box has to go in first, before the engine.

Only got a couple of sled pics and the flag, our club bought for cat to hang in there lobby, from last years Veterans ride. Now an annual event for us. Cat supplies the sleds. 

20231205_103002.jpg

20231205_103530.jpg

20231205_100240.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will add. Production will go to the week before Christmas. Will be down till around the 8th of January. Will be building 2025 media and test sleds, then ramp up production of the 25 sleds. Aprox 5500 additional build for model year 25. There word, not mine. Already building chassis for 25 as well. Yamaha's last run will be similar to cats increase. You get a chance to do a tour, DO IT!

They expressly forbid me from taking pictures, glad you got a few for souvenirs.

Did they say anything about the Riots that haven't been built yet?  It seems there are still quite a few people waiting for theirs, and I think Cat was expecting a shipment of tracks to finish them up.  I didn't ask and haven't heard much about that.

To your point about the Catalyst being easier to build, now that you mention it, that makes sense.  The assembly line is actually shorter than I expected it to be.  Even the decals seem easier.  Maybe this will make them easier to work on!

28 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

They expressly forbid me from taking pictures, glad you got a few for souvenirs.

Did they say anything about the Riots that haven't been built yet?  It seems there are still quite a few people waiting for theirs, and I think Cat was expecting a shipment of tracks to finish them up.  I didn't ask and haven't heard much about that.

To your point about the Catalyst being easier to build, now that you mention it, that makes sense.  The assembly line is actually shorter than I expected it to be.  Even the decals seem easier.  Maybe this will make them easier to work on!

All we were told is plan for production to be completed before Christmas. We were on a personal tour, per say. I asked and was told, sure, take some pics. Kept it to a minimum. Was told the Procross chassis took 15 people to build. The Catalist cut that down to 10. Lile 200 less parts and fasteners, so do the math, as they say. Getting taken out for lunch at the Black Cat really made our day. Not that I have any pull, but hey, it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Curious to see the Catalyst on the snow and hearing feedback from owners.  When a guy in our club took a tour of Arctic Cat a couple years they were not able to take pictures.

Our club has been donating to the Wisconsin military ride since 2019 and have helped out being guides.  Last year it was raining the day of the ride so they took busses to the stops and went to the Snowmobile museum.

20231206_173556.jpg

• Like 2

Nice tease..... Wish there were more images.... can't have it all

Years back, one snow check order (raffle winner) was invited to spend the day at the  factory while their sled was being built. Nice once in s lifetime VIP treatment....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ICG said:

Nice tease..... Wish there were more images.... can't have it all

Years back, one snow check order (raffle winner) was invited to spend the day at the  factory while their sled was being built. Nice once in s lifetime VIP treatment....

Will never name drop, but it was an awesome experience. 

15 hours ago, Doug said:

Curious to see the Catalyst on the snow and hearing feedback from owners.  When a guy in our club took a tour of Arctic Cat a couple years they were not able to take pictures.

Our club has been donating to the Wisconsin military ride since 2019 and have helped out being guides.  Last year it was raining the day of the ride so they took busses to the stops and went to the Snowmobile museum.

20231206_173556.jpg

Thanks for donating!  I will report on the Catalyst straight up.. Yea I'm green but I don't defend shit manufacturing or engineering of any brand.. The RXC is the wifes sled but I will definitely put it through the paces and probably set the rings if you know what i mean.. Pretty sure you do.. I will going through it Saturday evening and all day Sunday.. Set it up/ studs etc.. One issue that i will watching closely is the drive shaft/ bearing and the fit.. Pretty much a terrible design for years from cat.. Don't know if ill have the time to pull the brake and check the fit/bearing/drive shaft.. Leaving December 22 for U.P. .. Not looking good for riding at this point.. Hoping the  winds change direction. Should be able to run the lake anyways.. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thanks for donating!  I will report on the Catalyst straight up.. Yea I'm green but I don't defend shit manufacturing or engineering of any brand.. The RXC is the wifes sled but I will definitely put it through the paces and probably set the rings if you know what i mean.. Pretty sure you do.. I will going through it Saturday evening and all day Sunday.. Set it up/ studs etc.. One issue that i will watching closely is the drive shaft/ bearing and the fit.. Pretty much a terrible design for years from cat.. Don't know if ill have the time to pull the brake and check the fit/bearing/drive shaft.. Leaving December 22 for U.P. .. Not looking good for riding at this point.. Hoping the  winds change direction. Should be able to run the lake anyways.. 

check the recoil rope to harness clearance, its been an intermittent issue and a friend of mine spotted several rxc's with it, while taking the factory tour.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krom said:

check the recoil rope to harness clearance, its been an intermittent issue and a friend of mine spotted several rxc's with it, while taking the factory tour.

Will do!  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 12:58 PM, krom said:

Mine has plenty of clearance, fortunately.  

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

I ran these on one of our old Polaris's that didn’t have any place on the rear skid to mount scratchers.  They worked well.

Seen a few sleds. Not sure how cable scratchers would work on the 129 skid.