Check your account email address ×

Yamaha Sleds

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Slim , going through the engine now and sourced bearings/seals , Vertex makes a seal kit and a gasket kit but they dont have the seals for the water pump bearings etc. Got pistons from koch performance and the cylinders are off getting redone. should have it together hopefully by christmas.

Its got good bones , few dings and scratches but its over 40 years old. someone had oval raced it , I took off the bars that were on it and put on a pair of what I thought were the GYT srx bars that my grandpa had in his garage when we cleaned it out - turns out they were from my grandpas SSR. itll be a fun little ripper when its done.

Have you ever done anything with vapor blasting of the aluminum parts.  Would recommend it if you haven't.

20200718_160546.jpg

20200613_161510.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 4:15 PM, Doug said:

Have you ever done anything with vapor blasting of the aluminum parts.  Would recommend it if you haven't.

20200718_160546.jpg

20200613_161510.jpg

I did not , I've looked at a cabinet awhile back but never pulled the trigger , I just parts washed it all , then used mold cleaner to try to get most of the dirt/grease out. in the process of re-assembling it now and have the bottom end done just need to get my cylinders back to finish it up.

36 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I did not , I've looked at a cabinet awhile back but never pulled the trigger , I just parts washed it all , then used mold cleaner to try to get most of the dirt/grease out. in the process of re-assembling it now and have the bottom end done just need to get my cylinders back to finish it up.

There's a local guy the charges buy the time and is reasonable.  Seen how nice it worked and a friend of mine bought a cabinet now.  There's also plans floating around how to build one.  I have one on a flash drive.

What's nice is with water blasting it doesn't open up the surface like sand or soda blasting.  Dirt grease and oil wipes right off without leaving any residue like after a part is sand or soda blasted.