Check your account email address ×

Anyone have Starlink?

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Internet and tv for $75ish a month...

1.thumb.png.bd378fd0919deaf7844d12c0cb9afdcb.png

That's a great price for both. We dropped down to the most basic cable Internet and it runs about $40/mo. Dropped YouTube TV last month as it's up to almost $80 and we didn't use it that much. We pretty much stream Netflix, Hulu, Paramount Plus and regular YouTube.

Edited by ckf
  • Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Hell no.... hundreds for an antenna I don't need?

Im going to get 2 more Starlink set ups. One for travel 2 for the houses.

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Im going to get 2 more Starlink set ups. One for travel 2 for the houses.

Did you get the mobile plan for the one that you have now? From what I have seen on YouTube the speeds are faster with the stationary plan.

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's a great price for both. We dropped down to the most basic cable Internet and it runs about $40/mo. Dropped YouTube TV last month as it's up to almost $80 and we didn't use it that much. We pretty much stream Netflix, Hulu, Paramount Plus and regular YouTube.

Was paying $100 plus for full tv and internet.

Called to cancel tv, was going with Hulu basic (no live tv). Spectrum pooped up out internet speed (about doubled) and gave us TV basic for the $75ish for a year.

Told us to call again in 12 months and will do the same. Records show we have been with them (or the companies they bought out) for over 35 years and will work to keep us.

Just now, Snake said:

Was paying $100 plus for full tv and internet.

Called to cancel tv, was going with Hulu basic (no live tv). Spectrum pooped up out internet speed (about doubled) and gave us TV basic for the $75ish for a year.

Told us to call again in 12 months and will do the same. Records show we have been with them (or the companies they bought out) for over 35 years and will work to keep us.

We told Xfinity that we were leaving to get Internet down to $40 from $80.  I just checked the speed and I'm getting 80 down and 14 up through my extender at the far end of the house. Plenty fast for just the 2 of us. We can both stream 4k TV at the same time without any buffering.

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Did you get the mobile plan for the one that you have now? From what I have seen on YouTube the speeds are faster with the stationary plan.

Yes I did. Im lookiing at mounts. Looks like attaching it to my RV ladder that stays on it permanently will be the best place for it.

Screenshot_20231122_104110.jpg

31 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The thing is I have a t mobile phone with 5g reception....

@50.00 per month I would be thrilled. 

All I can say is that my parents did the exact same thing before getting starlink. Signed up for T-Mobile through a different address because it wasn’t available where they were at, even though they had 5G. The issue was the towers in the areas didn’t have sufficient backhaul to accommodate much bandwidth, hence why they didn’t offer the service there to begin with. Worked during the day, slowed to a crawl at night.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Yes I did. Im lookiing at mounts. Looks like attaching it to my RV ladder that stays on it permanently will be the best place for it.

Screenshot_20231122_104110.jpg

A lot of the RVers on YT like to keep it free to move around. Sometimes they park the RV in the trees and use the long cord to put the dish out in an open area :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

A lot of the RVers on YT like to keep it free to move around. Sometimes they park the RV in the trees and use the long cord to put the dish out in an open area :dunno:

Ya i can climb up there and unhook it easy if need be and put it on the portable stand. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkisNH said:

The thing is I have a t mobile phone with 5g reception....

@50.00 per month I would be thrilled. 

If you have a T-Mobile phone I don’t know why their home internet wouldn’t work. I’m getting downloads of 300+mbps on my iPhone and T-Mobile home internet tower. They seem to grab the 5G signal off the same cell tower as speeds are almost identical. If I don’t have a signal for one device, the other is dead as well. Both are bundled together so my payment is very reasonable. 

• Thanks 1