Check your account email address ×

Wouldn't there be protocols with regards to taping?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I kind of assumed everything that was said in the oval office was taped.  There are amazing tapes on everything from the Cuban Missile Crisis to other important times in history.   I figured they just had them classified until decades after the POTUS was out of office.  

Thank you for an actual answer. . I agree with you that it would be taped and avalaible for future use. I don't know why there is speculation. if the cable company has a policy on taping calls you would think the Oval Office would. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Thank you for an actual answer. . I agree with you that it would be taped and avalaible for future use. I don't know why there is speculation. if the cable company has a policy on taping calls you would think the Oval Office would. 

My thoughts exactly.  I'm quite sure everything that goes on inside the whitehouse is taped in some fashion or another.  

46 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

After Nixon and Watergate our presidents have opted not to record (at least publically) as any recording done can be requested for an investigation.

So it is up to each President whether he records all along or can he pick and choose who to record?

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

So it is up to each President whether he records all along or can he pick and choose who to record?

I know that we the public cannot be audio recorded without being told so. I would assume this would be the rule in the White House as well.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I know that we the public cannot be audio recorded without being told so. I would assume this would be the rule in the White House as well.

What if they put up a big sign at the entrance to the White House?  

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Add this to the long list of things you know nothing about.

DC allows "one-party consent" taping. That means that taping is legal as long as one participant in the conversation is aware that a recording is being made.  There’s no federal or D.C. law that makes it illegal to unilaterally record a conversation in the District of Columbia.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Add this to the long list of things you know nothing about.

DC allows "one-party consent" taping. That means that taping is legal as long as one participant in the conversation is aware that a recording is being made.  There’s no federal or D.C. law that makes it illegal to unilaterally record a conversation in the District of Columbia.

You knew nothing as well you had to google it you dick

The only thing a tape recording would prove is the truth and that going by Trumps record for lying would prove just another Trump lie.

So did he record it?

Edited by Mainecat

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The difference is, I didn't try to claim I knew the law like you did in post #32.  

:lol: YEP!  :bc:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The only thing a tape recording would prove is the truth and that going by Trumps record for lying would prove just another Trump lie.

So did he record it?

Shift/Deflect/Lie/Repeat.

27 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Not only wrong, but fucking stupid.

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Momo is stupid so it makes sense many on here idolize him. 

The demographics of this forum represent Dump's......a lot of uneducated white males with a few who supported/support him because they thought he wouldn't be so bad :lol: 

Every single person that has ever read anything mongo has posted here, with the exception of the other moron, sludge, all agree, he is a fucking moron and a joke. Have you not been paying any attention.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Boered said:

Every single person that has ever read anything mongo has posted here, with the exception of the other moron, sludge, all agree, he is a fucking moron and a joke. Have you not been paying any attention.

So you agree MN Momo is a fucking joke like Sewer Sludge and Momo? 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not only wrong, but fucking stupid.

Yes you are Union Bootlicking Delivery Boy :lol: 

if you were worth a fuck - you wouldn't hide behind your Union AND pretend you don't need them :bc: 

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

So you agree MN Momo is a fucking joke like Sewer Sludge and Momo? 

That's fucking obvious.

But the real question is why they wouldn't have a rule one way or the other in the whitehouse. 

Of course after trump had his little tea party with the Russians you know it's all being recorded from now on. Putin will want to keep and eye on Pence when Trump gets busted.