Check your account email address ×

Tesla Powerwalls for everyone in Vermont.

BOHICA

• Gold Member

this will work great.  Best solution so far for increasing grid and making it reliable.  

https://electrek.co/2023/10/10/us-utility-battery-storage-2030-gmp/

Vermonts largest power company is going to put Tesla Powerwalls at everyone of its 270,000 customers vs building new powerlines.  Create microgrids across its service area as it strives for zero outage by 2030.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

so why should they have to pay for powerwall if power company using them to help their grid?So who pays for electricity to charge wall and then when power company uses powerwall does the owner get a refund from power used.I can see how these would be great for grid just trying to figure out how owner would make out?

I know if i had solar panels i would definitely have some type of storage!!

Edited by X2700

Is there one more way I can put the government in control of my power?

Another example of the sheep willfully allowing the wolves to decide what is for dinner.

A supposed 'conservative' thinks this is fine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, X2700 said:

so why should they have to pay for powerwall if power company using them to help their grid?So who pays for electricity to charge wall and then when power company uses powerwall does the owner get a refund from power used.I can see how these would be great for grid just trying to figure out how owner would make out?

I know if i had solar panels i would definitely have some type of storage!!

The way I read it besides those who choose to lease, the new proposal to the PUC is green mountain will install power walls at the customers place and just charge them for electricity they use.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Another example of the sheep willfully allowing the wolves to decide what is for dinner.

I can imagine your whine if there were zero government.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Many will pay the monthly as most spend more a month on grub hub delivery services alone.

Vermont is a blue state, another option for you to rid yourself of the red state you should despise...

• Like 1

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Government can shut off gas pump and easily control your movement

what this does creates a more resilient, cost effective and reliable powergrid.  This is infrastructure building

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

what this does creates a more resilient, cost effective and reliable powergrid.  This is infrastructure building

So you vote is for the veal.....

Unsurprising.

• Gold Member
Just now, Snake said:

So you vote is for the veal.....

Unsurprising.

They can flip a breaker from a computer and shut you off.  They can shut down refineries in a fraction of a second with a stroke of a keyboard.  Adding battery storage to their customers is not any additional form of intrusion into your life.  This is expanding infrastructure, increasing reliability to the grid and expanding energy.

veal is much better then the koolaid you been chugging

• Like 1

no doubt as battery technology gets better these walls will be the ticket.Id think this would help bill in peak energy demands you could fall back on wall and not pay high rates?i would think you could control your wall if needed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They can flip a breaker from a computer and shut you off.  They can shut down refineries in a fraction of a second with a stroke of a keyboard.  Adding battery storage to their customers is not any additional form of intrusion into your life.  This is expanding infrastructure, increasing reliability to the grid and expanding energy.

veal is much better then the koolaid you been chugging

Your electric ship that went hundreds of miles yet never got further away than 17 miles is Cherry flavor....

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, X2700 said:

no doubt as battery technology gets better these walls will be the ticket.Id think this would help bill in peak energy demands you could fall back on wall and not pay high rates?i would think you could control your wall if needed?

If you own or lease I would say you have control but I think Green mountain want to install them at their expense at each meter and then they control them.  Which if the installed 270,000 powerwalls they would have close to 3 million kwhs of generation they can deliver to customers during outages and such.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, Snake said:

Your electric ship that went hundreds of miles yet never got further away than 17 miles is Cherry flavor....

Went really far.  I think they were able to cover 400 some miles in a 24 hour period.

But this is infrastructure, energy expansion and growth.  Nothing wrong with more energy and increased reliability of the infrastructure.

thinking this is more intrusion by the government is dripper level retarded

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Vermonts largest power company is going to put Tesla Powerwalls at everyone of its 270,000 customers vs building new powerlines.

Sounds like avoiding infrastructure building.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Vermonts largest power company is going to put Tesla Powerwalls at everyone of its 270,000 customers vs building new powerlines.

Sounds like avoiding infrastructure building.

So increasing energy supply and grid reliability isn’t infrastructure building?  😂 

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Installation of storage devices isn't an increase of energy supply.

How is it not?  You can generate more energy than needed and store it for when you need it but don’t have the capacity on the grid.  More energy is being generated then would be to fill these powerwalls then without them.  It’s a wireless solution to grid reliability and capacity issues.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

How is it not?  You can generate more energy than needed and store it for when you need it but don’t have the capacity on the grid.  More energy is being generated then would be to fill these powerwalls then without them.  It’s a wireless solution to grid reliability and capacity issues.

You are simply charging your customers to store power for you. You don't have higher output at the generation site nor higher capacity to transmit. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

You are simply charging your customers to store power for you. You don't have higher output at the generation site nor higher capacity to transmit. 

Yes you increase your capacity on grid cause you have energy able to be delivered at the consumer location rather than having to transmit it over the grid.  California and Texas are using Tesla batteries to lessen the strain on grid at peak times.  It’s like having natural gas peaker plants at every bodies meter that release energy to the grid when needed 

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yes you increase your capacity on grid cause you have energy able to be delivered at the consumer location rather than having to transmit it over the grid.  California and Texas are using Tesla batteries to lessen the strain on grid at peak times.  It’s like having natural gas peaker plants at every bodies meter that release energy to the grid when needed 

Does the grid capacity increase when people buy generators?