Check your account email address ×

Annual fundraiser for Humane Society

odot1

As many of the previous members know...  I beg for money once a year to support the Kingston Humane Society .  Christmas day 2009 I came across a young black lab hit by a car on the 401.  He was hit the night before and somehow mangaed to live.  through the generosity of the people of Kingston and the Humane Society this dog, formally Oliver but now Rupert was saved.  Eash year since Rupert and I attend their annual fund rasing walk in an effort to repay our "debt" as well as create more miracle stories.  I realize not everyone views animals the same way and appreciate that, I also understand money is tight with many if not all of us... so please, please don't feel this is an attempt to guilt. Its not..  I'd apprecaite anything form a simple good luck, attendance, or a donation...  Ruprt was left for dead...then they thought he'd lose both rear legs...then only one leg..  But throught the intervention of Dr Cherie White he now runs down rabbits and squirrels bringing them back alive and well as presents..  Thanks in advance!!!  Feel free to ask any questions.....

Sean

http://bigpaws2016.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1162107&lis=0&kntae1162107=0ABAE2C6BFA34599B91E1E1F1148DF6F&supId=330634516

rupe1.jpg

rupe2.jpg

Just now, psledhead said:

Awesome cause Sean, and thanks for sharing pics of Rupert!

All the best in your efforts from Buster & Ollie (our current rescues)

The boys.jpg

Thank you so much for the wishes and donations.  Great looking puppies!   Family members for sure!!!!

Noble and just cause!  :bc:

We contribute time and money to our local no-kill shelter and support them every time they need help.  In fact, animal charities make up 90% of our donations (Shriner's for Children gets the rest).  We live in a very pro-animal area and it's cool to see massive amounts of dogs riding around in vehicles here.  People take their pups everywhere.  And cruelty to animals here is the fastest way to persecution, jail and being publicly ostracized to the point that moving away is the best option.  We're very proud of that fact.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We contribute time and money to our local no-kill shelter and support them every time they need help.  In fact, animal charities make up 90% of our donations (Shriner's for Children gets the rest).  We live in a very pro-animal area and it's cool to see massive amounts of dogs riding around in vehicles here.  People take their pups everywhere.  And cruelty to animals here is the fastest way to persecution, jail and being publicly ostracized to the point that moving away is the best option.  We're very proud of that fact.

Love to hear those type of stories!!!!!  Thank you!!!!! 

20 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yours is a great one.

Yeah...  it really turned out well.  Pretty sure Rupert adopted me...not the other way around!!

14 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Yeah...  it really turned out well.  Pretty sure Rupert adopted me...not the other way around!!

That's what they say.  Glad it worked out so well for him and you got a dedicated life companion.

The team that helped him did an amazing job.

• Like 1

They seem to adapt pretty easily to the treadmill...  and yes...  Husky puppy = massive energy!!!  Perhaps work something out with Ontario Hydro for alternative energy??!?

On 7/4/2016 at 9:51 AM, Zambroski said:

That's great to hear!

And good luck with everything Odot

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...