Check your account email address ×

Lowell man awarded $13M settlement for a wrongful conviction back in 1983

• Platinum Contributing Member

LOWELL, Mass. — A Lowell man who spent more than 30 years in prison for a deadly fire he did not commit was awarded a $13 million wrongful conviction settlement from the city.

Victor Rosario was arrested and convicted in 1983 for setting a fire in a Lowell home that killed eight people after his attorneys say he was at the scene trying to save people from the burning building.

Lowell Police later detained him and used a language barrier to force him to confess to the crime.

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

LOWELL, Mass. — A Lowell man who spent more than 30 years in prison for a deadly fire he did not commit was awarded a $13 million wrongful conviction settlement from the city.

Victor Rosario was arrested and convicted in 1983 for setting a fire in a Lowell home that killed eight people after his attorneys say he was at the scene trying to save people from the burning building.

Lowell Police later detained him and used a language barrier to force him to confess to the crime.

Phew !  That seems awful damned cheap for 30 years and a destroyed life.   Even by Lowell standards !!!!!!  

I’d tell them to keep the money. I’d want every worthless piece of shit pig involved in railroading this man locked up for the rest of their worthless pig lives. Attorneys , judge , investigators. Every piece of fucking pig filth locked up. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d tell them to keep the money. I’d want every worthless piece of shit pig involved in railroading this man locked up for the rest of their worthless pig lives. Attorneys , judge , investigators. Every piece of fucking pig filth locked up. 

I'd take every fucking penny and get the fuck out of the USA ASAP.

Just now, HSR said:

I'd take every fucking penny and get the fuck out of the USA ASAP.

Nope , I’d spend all 13 million having the trash pigs involved executed cartel style. Fuck them. This shit is common from jaywalking to murder raps. Fuck all cops 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope , I’d spend all 13 million having the trash pigs involved executed cartel style. Fuck them. This shit is common from jaywalking to murder raps. Fuck all cops 

If I just lost 30 years of my life I'll be damned if I'd waste another moment dealing with that. Time to squeeze whatever juice you can get out of life. I'm being realistic though :bc:

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

If I just lost 30 years of my life I'll be damned if I'd waste another moment dealing with that. Time to squeeze whatever juice you can get out of life. I'm being realistic though :bc:

He lost his best 30 years already. I’d go full killing spree and then blow myself up suicide bombing the courthouse 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’d go full killing spree and then blow myself up suicide bombing the courthouse 

OK now you're talking!!!11111!!!!111!!!!1!!! That's the Benny spirit :bc: