Check your account email address ×

Trump’s New DeSantis Attack Is About a Lot More Than Pudding

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fair share is free airplane rides for Arctic Cat owners... :roflcrying:

in response to your actual question... the middle and lower class left don't understand how trying to minimize one's tax exposure actually works.  there's just as many wealthy democrats that take full advantage of the tax system... that they never hear about.  many also don't realize that it's a good thing when rich people spend their money... remember the skilled jobs lost when they raised the luxury tax on custom yachts a while back?  imo, a simple 33.333% across the board tax rate would be the best, and closer examination of exemptions/deductions for those above a specific financial threshold.   

for those who have forgotten...

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/luxury_tax.asp

I'm back seeding the Hermit Peak, Calf Canyon fire, An Artic Cat rider couldn't handle the ride..😂😂

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

flat tax? 

what's your proposal?

Above my pay grade, I think if people had to write a check every year instead of accepting withholding they would put a quick stop to the Government wasteful spending.

• Like 1

Just now, airflite1 said:

Above my pay grade, I think if people had to write a check every year instead of accepting withholding they would put a quick stop to the Government wasteful spending.

Definitely.  Stop the easy thing of taxes automatically coming out of your check and you will see a lot of people change their mind about income taxes.

9 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I'm back seeding the Hermit Peak, Calf Canyon fire, An Artic Cat rider couldn't handle the ride..😂😂

be safe up there :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I'd wager the vast majority getting a payroll check have no clue what they pay into federal and state every time they get a check.   But, they'll likely tell you to the penny what their refund was.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and I'll add in... property taxes if they pay the bank each month to hold their funds interest free.  the biggest idiots in regards to property taxes are those who rent.. totally clueless.

Another touchy subject, originally you weren't allowed to vote unless you owned property, our forefathers understood if you didn't have skin in the game, you'd vote for anything if it benefited you, without having any real consequences, I told my sister it should go back to that, it didn't go over real well.