Check your account email address ×

Silicon Valley Bank Closed by Regulators

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree but using the 36 billion given to the fund as an example of members here “wanting free money” was stupid even for racer.

Had the fund been properly administered, it would be solvent.

25% at one point... 25%.

While I don't agree with his assertion that it is free money, it certainly wasn't paid for by the backs of the people in the fund...

If you and I are paying for it, while not free, it is a 'check' passed to them from the taxpayers of this country.

By the way, on average, UPS funds every full time employees pension fund to the tune of $23,000 per year. Where does all that money go? The pension fund uses it to pay other pensioners in the multi-employer system. That is why UPS gave them a big chunk of cash to the Central States and said kiss off... we will administer the pension ourselves.

• Like 1

Once again, during march of 2020 the amount of mandated cash reserves needed to be carried by banks went from 10% to zero. Zero fucking liquidity. I’ve been trying to find data on SVB’s cash reserves and there’s nothing. 

• Like 1

During a conference call about the Silicon Valley Bank bailout yesterday, Senator Mark Kelly (D-AZ) asked representatives from the Federal Reserve, Treasury Department, and the Federal Deposit and Insurance Corporation (FDIC) if they had a way to censor information on social media to prevent a run on the banks, according to Republican members of the House of Representatives who were on the call.

The members said there were roughly 200 people on the Zoom call, including Senators, House members, and staff members from both parties. “On our conference call, led by [Senate President Chuck] Schumer, with Fed, FDIC, and Treasury, a democrat senator asked the three agencies if there was a program underway on social media to censor information that would lead to a bank run,” Rep. Thomas Massie told Public.

As of February, Frank owned 5,542 shares of Signature Bank worth $825,000; the shares are likely now worthless after the government took the bank into receivership. Frank has been part of the board since 2015 and is expected to depart later this year, the filing adds.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree but using the 36 billion given to the fund as an example of members here “wanting free money” was stupid even for racer.

How many more examples like that do we need?  Failure should not be rewarded.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, racer254 said:

It's funny we keep going through this shit, because the same people here keep saying the same things.  You just simply can't keep spending and printing more and more money.   SIMPLE, but there are a few here that are just too dumb or that just don't care because they are getting there "free" money and they just plain don't want to have to work for it.

23 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How many more examples like that do we need?  Failure should not be rewarded.

How about an example of a specific member here that is getting free money and doesn’t want to work for it….should be easy since you say there are  a few.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How about an example of a specific member here that is getting free money and doesn’t want to work for it….should be easy since you say there are  a few.

"Doesn't want to work for it" doesn't apply to me, but yeah, the checks just seem to keep on coming....

0.thumb.jpg.00e8a5e0cd6dc864af4a0c4e8449bfba.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ah yes, specifically calling out members here is truly the best way, LOL.  It is what a few people do on here constantly, but I am not one of them.   Take a good look at the people constantly cheering the bailouts or stimulus funds vs tax relief and I think you will have your answer.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Ah yes, specifically calling out members here is truly the best way, LOL.  It is what a few people do on here constantly, but I am not one of them.   Take a good look at the people constantly cheering the bailouts or stimulus funds vs tax relief and I think you will have your answer.

You made an accusation so back it up…easy peasy.

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

"Doesn't want to work for it" doesn't apply to me, but yeah, the checks just seem to keep on coming....

0.thumb.jpg.00e8a5e0cd6dc864af4a0c4e8449bfba.jpg

Why are you getting those…covid bullshit or soemthing else? 
Also I know that racers criteria doesn’t apply to you.👌🏻

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why are you getting those…covid bullshit or soemthing else? 
Also I know that racers criteria doesn’t apply to you.👌🏻

Everyone got it... free money with no labor or application involved.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I think it is a very good example of what he is talking about.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Everyone got it... free money with no labor or application involved.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I think it is a very good example of what he is talking about.

Oh, jimmy knows exactly what I am talking about.  He just wants me to call out specific people hoping to make it a little more personal.  I just didn't take the bait.

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh, jimmy knows exactly what I am talking about.  He just wants me to call out specific people hoping to make it a little more personal.  I just didn't take the bait.

You brought up members here “wanting free money so they didn’t have to work” and when pressed you posted  a link to a Teamsters bailout and now a Teamster is here bailing your dumbass out with pictures  of covid relief checks from the State of Maine and you’re taking a victory lap.😂

How could I know exactly what you’re tslking about when you don’t even know?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

I can tell you eatsy has said they are going to pay vendors  but still have not paid alot  . From what my wife can figure from the sellers chat boards  if they owed you less than 800 bucks you got paid anything more a email saying your payment is going to be prossesed could take some time .over 4k nothing but a we are working on a new payment prossesor email as of closing yesterday 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You brought up members here “wanting free money so they didn’t have to work” and when pressed you posted  a link to a Teamsters bailout and now a Teamster is here bailing your dumbass out with pictures  of covid relief checks from the State of Maine and you’re taking a victory lap.😂

:lame:

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not bailing anyone out... I post a direct example of free money for no work or application..

The fact I was a Teamster had nothing to do with it. But thanks for making it a slam on me somehow for proving his point.

And you assume it is a covid check.... wrong. It is a direct result of the administration policy on fossil fuels.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What about student loan forgiveness?  What are your thoughts on that?  No one is asking for that, but I bet if it goes through, most will gladly take it.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm not bailing anyone out... I post a direct example of free money for no work or application..

The fact I was a Teamster had nothing to do with it. But thanks for making it a slam on me somehow for proving his point.

And you assume it is a covid check.... wrong. It is a direct result of the administration policy on fossil fuels.

I’m not slamming you whatsoever for being a Teamster…racer is the one that brought up Teamsters in an effort to prove his point about members here wanting free money and not working for it. FFS is his vortex of stupidity so powerful you don’t see it?😂

Just now, racer254 said:

What about student loan forgiveness?  What are your thoughts on that?  No one is asking for that, but I bet if it goes through, most will gladly take it.

Done with your inane vortex of bullshit.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m not slamming you whatsoever for being a Teamster…racer is the one that brought up Teamsters in an effort to prove his point about members here wanting free money and not working for it. FFS is his vortex of stupidity so powerful you don’t see it?😂

The pension fund was mismanaged to the point of insolvency. It's no different than bailing out a bank for the same reason. People will be getting their money off the backs of taxpayers....

If it were not intended to be a dig at me, you would not have used Teamster to refer to me.

But that's okay....

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

The pension fund was mismanaged to the point of insolvency. It's no different than bailing out a bank for the same reason. People will be getting their money off the backs of taxpayers....

If it were not intended to be a dig at me, you would not have used Teamster to refer to me.

But that's okay....

You are way off base and I can’t explain it any better..have a good day.