Check your account email address ×

old iron

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Machinery Pete shared this on Facebook. 12 valve Cummins powered. Sold on auction in North Carolina for $162,000.

FB_IMG_1677283863435.jpg

Crazy what people will pay for crewcabs.

This Bronco was listed for sale last week for $249k. Coyote swap plus other up grades.

31F36C9B-8B48-4CC4-9421-1C1BAF2BEFCC.thumb.png.e080e7b97fb91bbcaed0b6566a34cbed.png

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Was never a fan of resto mods. Some are really tricked out like that one 

Resto mods are fetching more money at auctions than originals these days. The last Barrett-Jackson was indicative of that.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Resto mods are fetching more money at auctions than originals these days. The last Barrett-Jackson was indicative of that.

Well ya why would anyone want original upgrade drivetrain/suspension make it enjoyable to drive today. I can see leaving original if it’s some rare low number build other than that mod away.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Well ya why would anyone want original upgrade drivetrain/suspension make it enjoyable to drive today. I can see leaving original if it’s some rare low number build other than that mod away.

It use to be frowned upon. Now you're seeing rare 63 split window vettes being resto modded. And I agree with you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I understand your point of view and nothing wrong with that. 
Im more partial to factory cars with day 2 mods. It was common during the greatest time in automotive history ever. 1950-1970.

Love my Nova. No power steering. 4 speed. Crank windows. Pull lever vents . no AC ect.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Times change and so do generations. Anything at a car show with 500 plus hp is no longer top dog. If it’s not over 1000 these days it’s second rate. 
I’ll stick with my 500+ 383 and enjoy it to the fullest. It rips.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Times change and so do generations. Anything at a car show with 500 plus hp is no longer top dog. If it’s not over 1000 these days it’s second rate. 
I’ll stick with my 500+ 383 and enjoy it to the fullest. It rips.

500hp in a 2800lb nova is good power likely just as fast as a 4500lb hellcat with 800hp. People only car about the dyno sheets for some reason though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

500hp in a 2800lb nova is good power likely just as fast as a 4500lb hellcat with 800hp. People only car about the dyno sheets for some reason though.

Weight is the most overlooked hp gain imaginable. My nova weighs 3100 lbs. still a light weight small car. I could get it under 3000 but lots of sheet metal would need to be replaced and I don’t want to do that to this car. It’s a original documented SS.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Well I could tell it was a BB. Is it a ZL1?

It’s the very first mark II. 1963 427 mystery motor that showed up at Daytona and disappeared from the public a week later. Top brass at GM demanded it be removed from public because corporate rule was NO RACING what so ever. 

Love the cast iron headers.