Check your account email address ×

seadoo boat issue

firecatguy

Hey guys I have a Seadoo Speedster 2008 215 horsepower jet boat and when I'm driving it I randomly get a long beep followed by a short beep sometimes it seems that's not the beep 

that comes up but for the most part I believe it's a long beep followed by short beep it has a digital dash in it but I don't know how to take a code or know what's wrong with it can anyone help?

4 hours ago, firecatguy said:

Hey guys I have a Seadoo Speedster 2008 215 horsepower jet boat and when I'm driving it I randomly get a long beep followed by a short beep sometimes it seems that's not the beep 

that comes up but for the most part I believe it's a long beep followed by short beep it has a digital dash in it but I don't know how to take a code or know what's wrong with it can anyone help?

It's in your owners manual and/or can be found on-line....search around.  Or just wait for the Puzzler he knows everything and apparently has got nothing better to do.......lol

16 hours ago, firecatguy said:

For what it's worth....

Here is all the info on the DESS codes. 
DESS Codes/ Beeps
2 Short beeps …the engine is ready to start
1 Long beep …no communication to MPEM
4 Short beeps… (on Jet Boats) Shifter is in gear
8 Short beeps…defective MPEM
1 Continual beep…engine over heating

Advanced Self- Diagnostic Mode

By pushing the start/stop button 5 times, you’re putting the DESS in advanced diagnostics. When you have successfully done this, you'll hear 1 short, 1 long beep then, put on the lanyard cap. The engines should start if everything is ok.

2 Short beeps means MPEM can’t read the lanyard cap or it has bad magnet. It could be a bad wire connection at the Lanyard switch.
2 Long beeps means wrong lanyard or bad connection of DESS connection
3 beeps signal the wiring harness of the DESS switch are grounded, or a short circuit somewhere.

no codes come up on the dash, P105 or some other number.   or lights on the icons, put your hand there to block the sun maybe you cant see the light going on. call a seadoo dealer and ask. they will probably say bring it in and they can scan it.

do you loose power or does it go into limp mode?

3 minutes ago, Taillight said:

no codes come up on the dash, P105 or some other number.   or lights on the icons, put your hand there to block the sun maybe you cant see the light going on. call a seadoo dealer and ask. they will probably say bring it in and they can scan it.

do you loose power or does it go into limp mode?

It has the digital dash and according to my friend who is up w the boat there are no codes but the tank is near full and the gauge will show full then drop to empty then jump back up... No loss in power

19 hours ago, firecatguy said:

Apparently when the fuel level dropped it doesn't do it as frequently so it must be related to the fuel gauge somehow as it is acting erratically.. Any body have experience with that?

The fuel sensor seems to be a common problem.  Might be best to change it out.