Check your account email address ×

C8 zo6 vs Demon

Rod

Just now, Skidooski said:

Whitmer has higher registration fees for EV's and might start a VMT type program here in Michigan

I wonder how they’re going to tax electric semi trucks. They’ve allowed them to carry even more weight to offset the heavy batteries. Which will west the roads even more 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ACE said:

I wonder how they’re going to tax electric semi trucks. They’ve allowed them to carry even more weight to offset the heavy batteries. Which will west the roads even more 

Michigan already allows some of the heaviest trucks in the country to use our roads

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah maybe but that's thing with automotive. It's a fucking rollercoaster ride all the time. Most of the time I have work coming out my ears and pulling my hair out trying to keep up OR I'm wondering when the next programs will come in. Lucky for me we have GM, Ford, Stelantis, Tesla, and BMW to work on so they balance out a little. Granted our biggest customer is GM.

All summer I was I was just sort of busy, enough to fill a 40 hour work week, but I didn't see anything coming down the pike. Middle/end of Fall things started to pick back up and it looks like the next year or so I'll have all the work I can handle.

I’ve been in automotive for over 26ish years. I hate the rollercoaster but it’s all I know. Wife started in the automotive world back in 2017 and she’s completely over it. Hoping we find something different for her soon. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
50 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ve been in automotive for over 26ish years. I hate the rollercoaster but it’s all I know. Wife started in the automotive world back in 2017 and she’s completely over it. Hoping we find something different for her soon. 

Same here with about 28’ish years in and I’m way too fucking old to go back to concrete work so I’m gonna stick it out. I steered my cousins away from the industry years back and they’re all doing well

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

China made an about face on EV a couple of years ago. They can’t sustain it so now they don’t want it like they want something with a gasoline engine in it. 

With the lack of materials for current stuff, a LOT of people are sitting on their hands with nothing to do, in the R&D world, on the manufacture side. 2023 isn’t going to be pretty. If things don’t turn around before mid way through the 2nd quarter, I can see a mass forced exodus coming for a lot of white collar peeps in the automotive sector. Unless, they do an about face like China did but, politics will probably keep them from doing that, unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong though. At least about the jobs part. I have no want to be a large part of any large EV movement personally. Nothing against it, it just doesn’t hold my interest. 

Despite a drop in the overall Chinese auto market, plugin vehicles continue to rise. They grew 50%year over year (YoY) in November. They scored over 625,000 registrations last month, their second best month ever, only behind last September when they hit 636,000 registrations. Plugin hybrids (PHEVs) jumped 88% year over year (YoY). They reached 172,000 registrations in November, which is their seventh record month in row.

Then again, with plugin shares roughly at one third of the total market, plugin vehicles hit 35% market share in November, and 30% YTD, while full electrics (BEVs) alone accounted for 25% of the country’s auto sales last month (22% YTD). This slowdown in growth rate was bound to happen.

Still, if electrification stabilizes at around 50% growth rates, expect the plugin share to be at some 45% in a year from now, with BEVs owning one third (33%) of the Chinese market!

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/12/30/china-electric-car-sales-25-fully-electric-35-have-a-plug/

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Despite a drop in the overall Chinese auto market, plugin vehicles continue to rise. They grew 50%year over year (YoY) in November. They scored over 625,000 registrations last month, their second best month ever, only behind last September when they hit 636,000 registrations. Plugin hybrids (PHEVs) jumped 88% year over year (YoY). They reached 172,000 registrations in November, which is their seventh record month in row.

Then again, with plugin shares roughly at one third of the total market, plugin vehicles hit 35% market share in November, and 30% YTD, while full electrics (BEVs) alone accounted for 25% of the country’s auto sales last month (22% YTD). This slowdown in growth rate was bound to happen.

Still, if electrification stabilizes at around 50% growth rates, expect the plugin share to be at some 45% in a year from now, with BEVs owning one third (33%) of the Chinese market!

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/12/30/china-electric-car-sales-25-fully-electric-35-have-a-plug/

Believe what you will but that’s not what they are asking for like they initially said they would. Initially, they wanted no new ICE vehicle sales after 2025 and to be 100% EV by 2030. They have dropped that metric all together now, last I heard. They have a lot of orders in for ICE, BAS+ and Volt/Prius style gasoline hybrids. 

• Gold Member
Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Believe what you will but that’s not what they are asking for like they initially said they would. Initially, they wanted no new ICE vehicle sales after 2025 and to be 100% EV by 2030. They have dropped that metric all together now, last I heard. They have a lot of orders in for ICE, BAS+ and Volt/Prius style gasoline hybrids. 

I can easily believe data.  The market share is growing globally and will easily be the lions share in a few years on a global scale.

49 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Same here with about 28’ish years in and I’m way too fucking old to go back to concrete work so I’m gonna stick it out. I steered my cousins away from the industry years back and they’re all doing well

My 29 year old second cousin works as a tech, like me. He’s doing well but he’s also in school right now working on his engineering degree. 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

I can easily believe data.  The market share is growing globally and will easily be the lions share in a few years on a global scale.

So more than ICE? You’re on crack. There’s no material support to pull that off in the supply chain. 30% market share was the dream by 2025ish pre-Covid. I don’t see that happening now. Even then, less than 1/3 of the market isn’t that great, imo. ICE is going nowhere soon.

Garcia noticed a lack of power coming from the engine and opted to pull off the highway to investigate. A check-engine light and some aggressive rattling noises accompanied the issue, which began with just 52 miles on the odometer, Garcia says. After walking into town to charge his phone, Garcia was told by the dealer that he couldn't tow the car back there that evening. Furthermore, OnStar struggled to help as they didn't have the proper warranty information yet for such a new car. Garcia was forced to tow the Z06 back to his construction yard that night.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42369429/2023-chevy-corvette-z06-pops-engine-52-miles/

Edited by Snake