Check your account email address ×

2023 Inaugural FreedomSledder ride

1 hour ago, krom said:

F that...  I'd run it till the track is junk, and start over.  Changing studs sucks moose cock, less than 1/3 of them come apart without cutting.

even on a single ply Cobra?

see below 

52 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You want to borrow my sawzall?? It will speed things up

I have two sawzalls, can I borrow a hole saw instead and just port the track where the studs are?  😂

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

Only hope is to hit them with a small impact, 1 shot deal.

I do have an air hammer 🤣

welp, I checked and tightened every stud on the track, found several not quite snug, loosened and turned around about six somewhat bent ones and replaced a 6,000 mile plus idler wheel.  typically do a clean out of ice and debris on the track stand and warm things up before I go riding so idk if it was age, a chunk of gravel or the one slightly cock eyed backer that finished it off but a little maintenance beats the hell out of buying a new track right now. 

If I had to replace it based upon last winters riding and positive experience with it I'd probably throw an Ice Attak XT on this one as well and skip the studs.  

IMG_20221105_144231379.thumb.jpg.b739d0f92106cc9d9b1d9919865ab9a1.jpg

IMG_20221106_132129935.jpg

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

even on a single ply Cobra?

see below 

I have two sawzalls, can I borrow a hole saw instead and just port the track where the studs are?  😂

I do have an air hammer 🤣

welp, I checked and tightened every stud on the track, found several not quite snug, loosened and turned around about six somewhat bent ones and replaced a 6,000 mile plus idler wheel.  typically do a clean out of ice and debris on the track stand and warm things up before I go riding so idk if it was age, a chunk of gravel or the one slightly cock eyed backer that finished it off but a little maintenance beats the hell out of buying a new track right now. 

If I had to replace it based upon last winters riding and positive experience with it I'd probably throw an Ice Attak XT on this one as well and skip the studs.  

IMG_20221105_144231379.thumb.jpg.b739d0f92106cc9d9b1d9919865ab9a1.jpg

IMG_20221106_132129935.jpg

There is still rubber on that wheel. Just send it and save the 20 bucks 

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

There is still rubber on that wheel. Just send it and save the 20 bucks 

I considered removing the rubber from all the wheels so they matched until I realized it would be easier to just change one wheel.

:lmao:

On 11/4/2022 at 12:05 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

any word on tracks this coming season?  they were tough to find last year, not that I need one.

Update:

Parts u rep was in today, all the backorder dates they had from camso have disappeared, so availability is way worse that anyone originally thought.

If you or anyone you know thinks they want one, they better get on it

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, krom said:

Update:

Parts u rep was in today, all the backorder dates they had from camso have disappeared, so availability is way worse that anyone originally thought.

If you or anyone you know thinks they want one, they better get on it

I'm good but had a feeling it would be this way as the manufacturers get taken care of first, which they should.

❄️ winter ❄️ tires were also hard to get a month ago but I haven't seen where orders are at recently for fill rate.