Check your account email address ×

Gander Mountain in trouble

Just now, hwytohell said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/03/13/gander-mountain-latest-sports-retailer-fail/99116236/  Another  brick building graveyard. Bezos - Amazon is putting the hurt on .

yes and no. the gander in Eden Prairie is like less than 1/4 mi from a mall with a closed sears . another MN based sporting goods store is turning that sears space in to a super store Cabala's super store  style. I think the brick and mortar stores are having to become a destination Disney style  to get em in to compete    

I have had my eye on a standard Mfg DP-12 they have on the shelf in the EP store  I hope they start the clearance soon  . do I need it ?no. is it remotely practical? no. but I want it just don't want to give them the 1500bucks but a grand I could justify cuz it would be on clearance and I could not afford not to buy it . kind of as a memento of a once great store . see ez to convince my self  lol   

Edited by Ez ryder

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have had my eye on a standard Mfg DP-12 they have on the shelf in the EP store  I hope they start the clearance soon  . do I need it ?no. is it remotely practical? no. but I want it just don't want to give them the 1500bucks but a grand I could justify cuz it would be on clearance and I could not afford not to buy it . kind of as a memento of a once great store . see ez to convince my self  lol   

Mossberg 930SPX at about half the price. FTW!

33 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yes and no. the gander in Eden Prairie is like less than 1/4 mi from a mall with a closed sears . another MN based sporting goods store is turning that sears space in to a super store Cabala's super store  style. I think the brick and mortar stores are having to become a destination Disney style  to get em in to compete    

I stay away from that place like the plague.  We have Scheel's in St. Cloud (plus a newly opened Dick's).  If Gander closes, that will be the second sporting goods store to close in the last year, after Dunhams.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Mossberg 930SPX at about half the price. FTW!

yes but will it look as cool when blasting pumpkins . I think not  I have a few shot guns I even have a loaded pump 12 gauge with in about 3 feet of me right now  . I know it is worthless as a gun but it will loose less money than any sled I buy. I wont spend the 1499 they want but if they start clearance in the store and I just got a big check well . 

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I stay away from that place like the plague.  We have Scheel's in St. Cloud (plus a newly opened Dick's).  If Gander closes, that will be the second sporting goods store to close in the last year, after Dunhams.

Scheels is the one turning the sears in to a Scheels super store . they are going all in from what I here . have talked with a few guys putting bids together

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah, they need to make it an experience these days. The local Bass Pro is always doing duck dog contests and fishing product demos and shit like that.