Check your account email address ×

BP Stock UP on Exxon Buyout Talk

Exxon is hoping to get a solid foothold in Russia with buyout of BP.  BP has a huge presences in Russia and is a very attractive target for Exxon.  Ole Rex is sitting in the catbird seat as the SoS.  It sure is nice to see smart people making good decisions.  

(BP) shares jumped Friday amid renewed chatter that Dow Jones industrial average component Exxon Mobil (XOM) is interested in a takeover while the U.S. energy giant makes inroads in Russia, which has been a key market for BP.

The U.K.'s Evening Standard reported that Exxon has approached major BP shareholders about a megadeal, pointing out that the two oil majors have top shareholders in common like BlackRock (BLK) and Vanguard.

Exxon and BP have declined to comment on the rumors, according to reports.

BP's U.S.-listed shares climbed 2.5% to 34.33 on the stock market today. Exxon shares fell 0.1% to 81.61.

Shares of fellow Dow component Chevron (CVX) and Royal Dutch Shell (RDSA), which are also reportedly interested in BP, were up 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively.

http://www.investors.com/news/exxon-reportedly-looking-at-buying-bp-gets-special-treatment-from-russia/

1 minute ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Wish I could stick around and see slinger crying tears of anguish over this but It's raceday for me.  See you cats later.  

12376723_927306407364028_712502402163426

Don't worry, Timeshare never stops whining.

good luck! 👍

Edited by Sleepr2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Good luck Tom, I was wondering if you were still going round and round.

I have to give Tom a lot of props....he has been doing this vintage racing thing all along and now living life to it's fullest in retirement  with his family. The man obviously did it the right way and it enjoying the fruits of his labor....well done! :bc:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I have to give Tom a lot of props....he has been doing this vintage racing thing all along and now living life to it's fullest in retirement  with his family. The man obviously did it the right way and it enjoying the fruits of his labor....well done! :bc:

Thanks guys. We are definitely living the dream. I spent half of the last 35 years living away from my family and friends. Its not the easiest thing on relationships. I have a wonderful wife who stuck with me and raised our kids as a part time widow. That job allowed me to save for retirement. Im very blessed for sure. 

Well, turns out the races are tomorrow. :flush:  Im getting in some practice laps and should have the sled fairly well dialed in. We are on a new track for this weekend and next, the last two races of the season. Its huge, scarry huge. 600' straights and about 600' around each corner. I cant get up the courage to hold it wot all the way tonthe end of the straight yet. Sleds going about 90mph as we approach turn 1 and 3. I have officially reached the limit of my courage. Hahaha

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Thanks guys. We are definitely living the dream. I spent half of the last 35 years living away from my family and friends. Its not the easiest thing on relationships. I have a wonderful wife who stuck with me and raised our kids as a part time widow. That job allowed me to save for retirement. Im very blessed for sure. 

Well, turns out the races are tomorrow. :flush:  Im getting in some practice laps and should have the sled fairly well dialed in. We are on a new track for this weekend and next, the last two races of the season. Its huge, scarry huge. 600' straights and about 600' around each corner. I cant get up the courage to hold it wot all the way tonthe end of the straight yet. Sleds going about 90mph as we approach turn 1 and 3. I have officially reached the limit of my courage. Hahaha

Discretion  is the better part of valor Tom, shit hurts a lot more when you get older and stays with you longer.

5 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Exxon is hoping to get a solid foothold in Russia with buyout of BP.  BP has a huge presences in Russia and is a very attractive target for Exxon.  Ole Rex is sitting in the catbird seat as the SoS.  It sure is nice to see smart people making good decisions.  

(BP) shares jumped Friday amid renewed chatter that Dow Jones industrial average component Exxon Mobil (XOM) is interested in a takeover while the U.S. energy giant makes inroads in Russia, which has been a key market for BP.

The U.K.'s Evening Standard reported that Exxon has approached major BP shareholders about a megadeal, pointing out that the two oil majors have top shareholders in common like BlackRock (BLK) and Vanguard.

Exxon and BP have declined to comment on the rumors, according to reports.

BP's U.S.-listed shares climbed 2.5% to 34.33 on the stock market today. Exxon shares fell 0.1% to 81.61.

Shares of fellow Dow component Chevron (CVX) and Royal Dutch Shell (RDSA), which are also reportedly interested in BP, were up 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively.

http://www.investors.com/news/exxon-reportedly-looking-at-buying-bp-gets-special-treatment-from-russia/

CVX and RDSA are great dividend stocks.  Around 5% if memory serves.

4 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Absolutely.  Toms a good man. :bc: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Good luck tomorrow, Tom. Don't forget to take lots of pics :bc:

• Like 1