Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2017 NFL Thread****

ckf

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Dude, do you really think the league wants to see the Pats win? No fucking way.

I think that the guy showed control of the ball he grabbed it with 2 hands pulled it toward his chest then stretched for the line. he broke the endzone line  that is A td anything after the ball breaks the line is moot IMHO

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I think that the guy showed control of the ball he grabbed it with 2 hands pulled it toward his chest then stretched for the line. he broke the endzone line  that is A td anything after the ball breaks the line is moot IMHO

This

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I would have called it a TD too. But I don't know the exact rules for everything. For some reason Tony Romo knew that it was probably going to be overturned after he saw the replay :dunno:

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Exactly.  As soon as the ball crossed the front edge of the line the play is over.  Everything after the ball crosses that edge is irrelevent.  The refs totally screwed that up. 

The Pats got one handed to them. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not by the rule you have to survive the ground,  bunch of bitches acting like the pats are the only one to ever benefit from that rule SMH

This sucks :(

Brown out with partially torn calf at least until playoffs

Pittsburgh's best weapon has been sidelined at least until the postseason.

Steelers star wideout Antonio Brown suffered a partially torn calf muscle in Pittsburgh's 27-24 loss to the Patriots, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. While Brown's regular season is over, the wideout's injury won't require surgery and the Steelers hope that he can return for the postseason, Rapoport added.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not by the rule you have to survive the ground,  bunch of bitches acting like the pats are the only one to ever benefit from that rule SMH

Settle down Ginger Lives On His Own Preston.

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Looks like you are correct. If its a passing play you need to control the ball all the way to the ground. On a running play, as soon as the ball breaks the plane the play is over. :bc:  

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/262186/the-nfl-catch-rule-is-dumb-but-the-jesse-james-call-was-right

"A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or without contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, there is no possession.

"A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner."

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Looks like you are correct. If its a passing play you need to control the ball all the way to the ground. On a running play, as soon as the ball breaks the plane the play is over. :bc:  

That is kind of strange that the rule is different depending on if it's a run or a pass play :dunno:  No wonder fans get confused.