Check your account email address ×

Not unleashing our oil companies is tantamount to treason

LETTER: Not unleashing our oil companies is tantamount to treason

efe823eb20bdbe8ce96f8ee96c1bccae
Letter to the editor
Fri, March 18, 2022, 9:37 PM

Let me see if I understand this: The vast majority of federally elected Democrats don't want to unleash the vast energy resources at our disposal because that would be "taking our eye off the ball" (the ball being the Green New Deal). They are basically willing to sacrifice thousands of brave Ukrainians (who so far have been amazingly heroic). Because of our concern about the AOC/John Kerry contingency, we haven't imposed the biggest sanction we have in our quiver; ruining his oil profits by supplying energy to our NATO partners and manipulating the price of oil through the sheer volume of our resources. Beyond Ukraine, Poland and other nearby countries are waiting with bated breath. No money, no invasions.

Perhaps the Progressives don't realize how the environment is affected by war. Perhaps they don't realize that the U.S. is the only country suffering significant economic impact by playing this silly Green New Deal game. Perhaps they don't realize there is zero impact if we cut our production and someone else increases theirs by the same amount. To me, not unleashing our oil companies with the energy version of "Operation Warp Speed" is tantamount to treason.

To the Democrats who have hounded the NRA for years with the ubiquitous question, "Why do you need an AR-15 with a 30-round magazine?," you now have your answer if you've been marveling at the performance of Ukrainian citizens. Think Putin wouldn't appreciate a citizenry without the ability to defend their country?

Speaking of ability to defend their country, does anyone have any idea why Biden didn't supply Ukraine with thousands of stinger and javelin missiles months ago?

— Frank Vollmerhausen, Panama City Beach

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Someone tell the chain mail king the oil industry is privately owned.

Unless he’s for a government owned oil industry…..naaah republicans wouldn’t want that now right?

No shit…apparently ‘ol Don wants to nationalize the oil companies.🤷🏻

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Unless he’s for a government owned oil industry…..naaah republicans wouldn’t want that now right?

Posting articles from news sites are considered chain mails now, sir please seek professional help as you've  lost it.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not my Letter, just posted the internet info from  Frank Vollmerhausen, Panama City Beach

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And apparently ol Pouts 6th grade reading comprehension is still at work.  I suppose you have a Great Thornburg sticker on your car and are good with Bidens energy policy...

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yet the opinion pieces you post are gospel. :lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Well shit. I didn't know the government didn't have anything to do with the oil industry. No influence or control whatsoever. You heard it here. They can drill as much as they want wherever they want. Drill baby drill........

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And apparently ol Pouts 6th grade reading comprehension is still at work.  I suppose you have a Great Thornburg sticker on your car and are good with Bidens energy policy...

The Great Thornburg…is that a movie or something…maybe a magician? 🤣

1 minute ago, Skidude600 said:

Well shit. I didn't know the government didn't have anything to do with the oil industry. No influence or control whatsoever. You heard it here. They can drill as much as they want wherever they want. Drill baby drill........

You also realize that oil companies are

making record profits and really don’t

GAF about what you and I pay at the pump…right? 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

You also realize that oil companies are

making record profits and really don’t

GAF about what you and I pay at the pump…right? 

I do and we will be in the same boat with the power companies when ev's are the mainstream. You don't think they wont do the same thing. Point is in a free market that's what you get. Tell me how government policy doesn't effect the oil industry. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Remember back in "08? Many of the GOP'ers were all running their mouths about wanting the nationalization of oil companies. That would piss of Ted Cruz. His $3 million net worth has 1/2 invested in oil and gas. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Skidude600 said:

At least I read the thread story you dumb fuck.

The stupid here is getting worse every day.