Check your account email address ×

This sounds ominous...Gorsuch confirmation signals the end of democracy

• Platinum Contributing Member

One of the the authors is a transgender activist but the other, Bruce Hay, used to clerk for the late Antonin Scalia.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/03/democrats-block-neil-gorsuch-democracy-at-stake?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1

24 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

One of the the authors is a transgender activist but the other, Bruce Hay, used to clerk for the late Antonin Scalia.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/03/democrats-block-neil-gorsuch-democracy-at-stake?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1

Just because you clerk for someone doesn't mean you follow their political or judicial philosophy.  The guy teaches at Harvard.   Not many conservatives do that.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Just because you clerk for someone doesn't mean you follow their political or judicial philosophy.  The guy teaches at Harvard.   Not many conservatives do that.  

I understand that but still surprised.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What's your predictions?   You a prepper now? :lol:  

images (29).jpg

not at all. i think preppers are fighting a losing battle. i've lived a good portion of my life in freedom. i might live another 20 years. my only real goal with this particular issue is to say i told you so. :) 

its too bad for our children. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

not at all. i think preppers are fighting a losing battle. i've lived a good portion of my life in freedom. i might live another 20 years. my only real goal with this particular issue is to say i told you so. :) 

its too bad for our children. 

You don't have a clue, you just like to hear yourself talk, you're like an emptynoggin lite.

Just now, snoughnut said:

You don't have a clue, you just like to hear yourself talk, you're like an emptynoggin lite.

getting a little uncomfortable with donny, i see. it's ok. pretty soon it'll be completely impossible to make excuses for what he's doing. i sit and wait. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

getting a little uncomfortable with donny, i see. it's ok. pretty soon it'll be completely impossible to make excuses for what he's doing. i sit and wait. 

Not in the least bit. I'll be laughing as you slouch further in your chair.