Check your account email address ×

ice scratchers

firecatguy

20 hours ago, firecatguy said:

Has anyone tried the scratchers from altimax I believe that you bolt on your skis?

I have a set of Hartman ski ice scratchers that I installed on my last set of skis. http://www.hartmaninc.com/scratchers.html

Although I never had to use them, I liked what I heard and seen via youtube vids.

My skid is only a 121 so mounting any on my skid is basically a waste of time as these vids demonstrate. 

27 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Showing a video in good snow conditions leaves wondering about effectiveness. I would have been more interested on perhaps some ice.

If you can't see or get the jist of the vids, especially in the second one, then I don't know what to tell ya. :snack:

1 hour ago, irv said:

If you can't see or get the jist of the vids, especially in the second one, then I don't know what to tell ya. :snack:

I get the jist of it. I was just curious about the effectiveness on lake ice with little to no snow on it and would have liked to see a video showing that. When the ice is good I am out on Georgian Bay which sometimes is pretty lean snow wise.