Check your account email address ×

Is western media making the situation worse?

12 hours ago, WildMann said:

Imagine being subjected to mustard gas. You choke and die, possibly years later depending on the amount you ingested.  Think smoking is bad?   

Mustard gas was too obvious. It burned and caused massive disfigurement and blistering of skin, throat, and airways. Phosgene smells like freshly cut grass. Colorless and has no immediate effect. 48 hours later the exposed person drops dead of medical edema. Leaves a good looking corpse. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Mustard gas was too obvious. It burned and caused massive disfigurement and blistering of skin, throat, and airways. Phosgene smells like freshly cut grass. Colorless and has no immediate effect. 48 hours later the exposed person drops dead of medical edema. Leaves a good looking corpse. 

Pulmonary Edema takes a while to manifest itself and isn’t exactly comfortable along the way no?

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Pulmonary Edema takes a while to manifest itself and isn’t exactly comfortable along the way no?

Diabetic related edema can be excruciating. I should qualify the good looking corpse thing. It depends on where the edema manifests itself. If the face erupts and explodes that probably wouldn't be good in open casket situations. I became aware of how dangerous phosgene gas can be when I used to work with refrigeration equipment and ThermoKings. I'm not sure about the newer CFC friendly refrigerants, but the older R11/R12 refrigerants converted to phosgene gas when heated. Very important to evacuate the system completely before using heat on those older systems. Phosgene is very weird as it accumulates over time in the body as the liver doesn't metabolize its compounds. One day you get that additional small whiff and its lights out.