Check your account email address ×

Rural America shrinks over decade for first time

8 minutes ago, hayward said:

you guys are missing something here.  There comes a point when you get so many people moved into a rural area, that it becomes non-rural anymore.  These fucking people that moved into here have brought their city with them, including strip malls, politics, high taxes, high crime, and they're too stupid to realize it.  Many that moved here 20+ years ago are always "that's why we moved out here, to get away from all that!".  Well no shit?  Sucks doesn't it? :flush:

You won’t have anywhere to go. 

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Plenty left.  Look at the size of maine.  Currently has about the same population as nh

Have to keep moving. Those city people are bringing their liberal ways. 

Edited by spin_dry

We're 23 miles from the nearest Town but only 2 stop signs in that distance.

Sold my other 2 homes to move here.

I have the home and over 5 acres and a 1/2 acre pond that I bought in 1991 for $39,000 cash money.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We're 23 miles from the nearest Town but only 2 stop signs in that distance.

Sold my other 2 homes to move here.

I have the home and over 5 acres and a 1/2 acre pond that I bought in 1991 for $39,000 cash money.

I've gone to the store by sled and sxs lol. There's 52 (2 acre) lots here in the subdivision and close to 30 that have houses on them. One guy owns 4 or 5 and he'll cash out eventually as they're going for $200K on average. I kick myself in the ass for not acting fast enough 2-3 years when a lot came up for sale for $64K. I bought a lot last year in Nova Scotia for $46K and the lot beside me was going for $40K. The guy called 2 weeks ago and asked if I wanted 1st dibs on it for $79K. I don't thinkso.