Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/18/2022 at 6:57 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

DD1F1077-5FAB-489F-BDFA-7FBA6398FBAA.thumb.jpeg.9fd95732daf4b19bc348ec3deece1542.jpeg

Is this 'Al C.' from HCS?  ;)

22 hours ago, Doug said:

If I wasn't handing my sleds down to my wife to ride I would have went back to an Assualt.  The 136 and 137 have worked out well but normally like to buy something different than I had previously.  I've had Axys Assault's and liked them even though they are a little more work in the tight trails but still manageable.  My wife would have some trouble with an Assualt on the tight trails.  The Assault is listed as a cross over sled but another place they shine is straight line speed.  It is a very efficient chassis similar to what the wedge was.  Now you have me 2nd guessing.

Have a friend that bought a boost Assault so I'll get a chance to ride that.

Haven't been on a Matryx or many new Polaris but spent a bit of time on a friends Axys 600 Assault a couple winters ago (he was primarily riding it off trail and on a lot of forest service road areas) and I was utterly shocked how well it handled on tight trails I know well.  Had to throw a little more body english into it but it was definitely not what I expected.  Even though it was only the 600 it put the power to the ground, the front end got light very easily and it powered from a stop to 80 very quickly.  I was... impressed. 

If I were interested in replacing one of my sleds and using critical thinking it'd be a tough call between an RXC or a XCR 650 128" Cobra no estart and a standard gauge... but for $15K I'm in no rush and and considering giving the stock 500 the D&D 602 upgrade when it's time to do the top end.  The 650 XCR though... that's right in the hp category of my 720 which is a hoot and the option to use 87 octane, interesting.  ;)



 

1647784380781-productstill.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, Doug said:

If I wasn't handing my sleds down to my wife to ride I would have went back to an Assualt.  The 136 and 137 have worked out well but normally like to buy something different than I had previously.  I've had Axys Assault's and liked them even though they are a little more work in the tight trails but still manageable.  My wife would have some trouble with an Assualt on the tight trails.  The Assault is listed as a cross over sled but another place they shine is straight line speed.  It is a very efficient chassis similar to what the wedge was.  Now you have me 2nd guessing.

Have a friend that bought a boost Assault so I'll get a chance to ride that.

They do work well and I haven’t recieved my confirmation from Polaris for the Assault...should come through tomorrow. I see your point about  handing them down to the Mrs...they are a bit more work.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:44 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is this 'Al C.' from HCS?  ;)

Haven't been on a Matryx or many new Polaris but spent a bit of time on a friends Axys 600 Assault a couple winters ago (he was primarily riding it off trail and on a lot of forest service road areas) and I was utterly shocked how well it handled on tight trails I know well.  Had to throw a little more body english into it but it was definitely not what I expected.  Even though it was only the 600 it put the power to the ground, the front end got light very easily and it powered from a stop to 80 very quickly.  I was... impressed. 

If I were interested in replacing one of my sleds and using critical thinking it'd be a tough call between an RXC or a XCR 650 128" Cobra no estart and a standard gauge... but for $15K I'm in no rush and and considering giving the stock 500 the D&D 602 upgrade when it's time to do the top end.  The 650 XCR though... that's right in the hp category of my 720 which is a hoot and the option to use 87 octane, interesting.  ;)



 

1647784380781-productstill.png

Yes it’s me and I wanted a 650 but my dealer only had one allocated to them over all models...sure loved my 720 and that chassis is just about perfect.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They do work well and I haven’t recieved my confirmation from Polaris for the Assault...should come through tomorrow. I see your point about  handing them down to the Mrs...they are a bit more work.

Yes it’s me and I wanted a 650 but my dealer only had one allocated to them over all models...sure loved my 720 and that chassis is just about perfect.

good to see you :) 

I'm picking up another one, because I'm retarded :lol2:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good to see you :) 

I'm picking up another one, because I'm retarded :lol2:

Yeah…you might be…I might be as well…looking at SP500 as a backup and something my daughter could ride on occasion. What’s the scoop on the DD 602 you mentioned? 
edit: I just checked it out…that’s a dandy little kit!👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

My dealer now has 2023 850 XC 146, (2) 850 VR1 129 and (1) 850 XCR 128 in stock.  Shipments look a lot more promising this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Doug said:

My dealer now has 2023 850 XC 146, (2) 850 VR1 129 and (1) 850 XCR 128 in stock.  Shipments look a lot more promising this year.

Was at a dealer today that got some 2023's in.. the new set up for a battery tender was nice, took the one off their 4wheelers and adapted it to sleds..

IMG_20220816_143022611.jpg

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Was at a dealer today that got some 2023's in.. the new set up for a battery tender was nice, took the one off their 4wheelers and adapted it to sleds..

IMG_20220816_143022611.jpg

You can buy the battery tender plug from Polaris for around $35.00 or basically the same thing from Amazon for $14.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBCNVTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Battery port.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...