Check your account email address ×

Rzeszow

Rzeszow is a small little backwater in the southeast corner of Poland just 20+ miles from the Ukraine border. Rzeszow little one strip airport has become a buzz of activity. A long list of cargo planes have been in and out from a whole list of countries. The US Army has at least 3 Blackhawks running between the airport and positions closer to the border. To the south in Romania a US air tanker has been on station 24/7 despatched out of a base in the UK. Rivet Joint (a KC135 AWAC) and it's counter part CIST have taken shifts flying circles along the border. It appears there are two Global Hawks in the area but they only turn on their transponders when they come out of the combat zone to refuel which could be as long as 30 hours. All in all US and the allies have a ton of assets in the air. I will say all the players are careful to keep fighter jets clear of the border.

9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Rzeszow is a small little backwater in the southeast corner of Poland just 20+ miles from the Ukraine border. Rzeszow little one strip airport has become a buzz of activity. A long list of cargo planes have been in and out from a whole list of countries. The US Army has at least 3 Blackhawks running between the airport and positions closer to the border. To the south in Romania a US air tanker has been on station 24/7 despatched out of a base in the UK. Rivet Joint (a KC135 AWAC) and it's counter part CIST have taken shifts flying circles along the border. It appears there are two Global Hawks in the area but they only turn on their transponders when they come out of the combat zone to refuel which could be as long as 30 hours. All in all US and the allies have a ton of assets in the air. I will say all the players are careful to keep fighter jets clear of the border.

This ain't going to end well. 

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This ain't going to end well. 

For Putin......the oligarchs have been cut off from their money....how long before they are driving Putin around in a convertible in front of a book depository?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i love all the people posting what aircraft is where on the social media.   they transmit when they want to just to make sure theres a presence known,  would be way more interesting to see all the off the grid flights that are out there.  Modern compbats an interesting thing with private sattelites,  tracking systems etc

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

For Putin......the oligarchs have been cut off from their money....how long before they are driving Putin around in a convertible in front of a book depository?

Hope so. There's also a real possibility of civil unrest in Russia. They have family being murdered by the Russian military. The gimmick of Ukrainians seeing the Russians as liberators has to be wearing thin. 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i love all the people posting what aircraft is where on the social media.   they transmit when they want to just to make sure theres a presence known,  would be way more interesting to see all the off the grid flights that are out there.  Modern compbats an interesting thing with private sattelites,  tracking systems etc

Rivet Joint has a Gods eye view of entire air space but I doubt the US Air force will be sharing it on Facebook. The real question is who are they sharing that info with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Holy shit.  Now I understand why Putin was rattling his nuke sabre.  This might be more of a fair fight than I thought.

I sincerely hope for the normal Russian people that the transition to a new leader will go smoothly.

11 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Rivet Joint has a Gods eye view of entire air space but I doubt the US Air force will be sharing it on Facebook. The real question is who are they sharing that info with.

I am sure Russias Command and COntrol system sees it all as well although apparently transmitting the data back to the ground/air is not as seemless based on the losses they have taken.  

I would hope we are transmitting data from the Rivet Joint and Jstars to the Ukranians  Funny they just started retiring off jstars when they are still useful to our allies.  .  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I am sure Russias Command and COntrol system sees it all as well although apparently transmitting the data back to the ground/air is not as seemless based on the losses they have taken.  

I would hope we are transmitting data from the Rivet Joint and Jstars to the Ukranians  Funny they just started retiring off jstars when they are still useful to our allies.  .  

There are other planes now. The two Global Hawks of course but also a Bombardier Global 650 has been running the track back and forth on the Romanian border for days now with no country of origin listed. There was a drone circling just inside the polish border with the same MO. I would bet Ukrainians leaders have a better picture than the Russians.

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

bingo. before he suicides himself, (oh wait thats the clintons that cause that), i mean before he is killed, wonder what he might do

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Or a comped 5 th floor luxury penthouse with a big balcony with low railings?

• Haha 1