Check your account email address ×

Russian stocks suffer biggest fall since 2008 as Ukraine war looms

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Hey @DriftBusta, I got a few grand in a HSA I need to put into the market.  S&P 500 futures are down almost 2% right now.  When should I get in, Friday?  Or wait to let Brandon screw things up even worse?

I hate using cliches, but what i do is about time in the market, not tim-ing it.  Value funds and stocks, consumer staples, financials are probably where the best opportunities are right now.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I hate using cliches, but what i do is about time in the market, not tim-ing it.  Value funds and stocks, consumer staples, financials are probably where the best opportunities are right now.

Completely agree.  I just put enough in this account last year to actually invest it now so I need to do that.  Been buying this whole time while I watch my TNW dwindle.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Completely agree.  I just put enough in this account last year to actually invest it now so I need to do that.  Been buying this whole time while I watch my TNW dwindle.

2 years ago when this pandemic first hit and everything shit the bed to the tune of over 30% in some cases, i was at a loss for words when people would call and be losing their shit over their account balances.....and the mentor/vets I rely on for advice during times like this was to stick to the plan and don't deviate.  Its worked for more than a 100 years now.  Its been 2 years since we've had a 10+% correction, great time to buy if you're going to use history as a guide.  :bc: 

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

2 years ago when this pandemic first hit and everything shit the bed to the tune of over 30% in some cases, i was at a loss for words when people would call and be losing their shit over their account balances.....and the mentor/vets I rely on for advice during times like this was to stick to the plan and don't deviate.  Its worked for more than a 100 years now.  Its been 2 years since we've had a 10+% correction, great time to buy if you're going to use history as a guide.  :bc: 

There is more money in there than I thought.  Available to Invest $5,656.75.  Probably should have started investing that last year, oh well.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:34 PM, DriftBusta said:

Think I'm gonna let the market do what it's gonna do about the Ukraine situation this week and then get in to the total market index on Friday afternoon.  :bc: