Check your account email address ×

What sled were you most excited for?

Bontz

• Gold Member

'92 Mach 1, second new sled I had bought. I don't remember actually spring ordering it, but saw the brochure at the dealer and had to have it. Rode that Mach for 3 trouble free years, it even made a 9 day 1200 mile backpack trip from my home town in NY to Rockwood Maine and back in '93.

92.jpg

• Like 2

1995 ZR 580...  First new sled I ever bought.  Three of us went and ordered new sleds.  2 ZRs and an XCR600.  Those 580s would rail in the twistys.  The XCR would just get further and further behind.  I was coming off a 1984 El Tigre' so it was a HUGE upgrade.  Then I ordered a 1996 ZRT 600 because I was hooked.  Thing was fast as hell, but didn't handle nearly as well as the ZR.  ZRT had some carb switch problems and a pipe update but was fairly reliable overall.  Always missed that ZR handling.

The first sled I ever bought with my own money, a 1970 Polaris Charger 398

The first new sled I ever bought, a 1990 Polaris Indy

The first sled I ever ordered, a 2021 AC Riot

....  to be honest, every sled in between, too.  I was even excited about the Deere, but only the day I got rid of it.

IMG_7113.thumb.JPG.50b771f087d41cfb5361f1f85160aef2.JPG

• Like 1

• Gold Member
On 12/29/2021 at 12:30 PM, Mag6240 said:

I've only ordered one new one and it came January 15th last year!  LOL

But the two I can remember most were the 1992 Indy 500 Classic I bought, as Zam said, first sled I purchased myself. 

The sled I really couldn't wait to get was the 2018 XCR Switchback 800 I found with 240 miles on it, 4 hour drive away, in April, for what was even then a GREAT price.  Being a high mile trail rider, that sled had me pumped all summer, and the season didn't disappoint being able to put on over 6000 miles that next season.  Good times! 

The one sled I wish my father had never sold was his 1973 TX 500 Limited - would still like to find another, but that's all but impossible now.

I saw your throw back pic in another thread and noticed the chrome tank on the ‘73 Tx and wondered if it was a limited. That’s awesome👍 My uncle had a ‘73 Tx 400 since new that I was able to get from him a few years ago. Thanks for sharing. 

1979 when my gramps told me he got us new 1980 entices and we would pick them up when there was enough snow to ride them back to the farm/cabin . That was in the fall it was a long fall and a long early winter lol . He would not even stop at moon/dealer  to look at them even though we drove by every Friday on the way to the cabin . Had to be surprised