Check your account email address ×

Oily

XCR1250

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Bravo. Energy independence starts at home…literally. What is your storage as  in batteries?  What type and total stored amps are you using. Thanks for any info. 

My utility is net metering.  They are my battery.  My electric bill for the year prior to my solar was around $2200 to $2400 a year.  My bill since my solar is  now $5.21 a month. Or around $62 a year.  I’ve become an electricity abuser.  I have a substantial credit of kwhs bank up from my electric company.  I paid cash for my 15.6 kwh array and installed it myself.  Only cost a few bucks over $25,000.  26 % tax credit makes it cheap at around $18k.  If I include what it would cost to fill up my gas rigs with what I eliminating by moving to all electric vehicles my solar will likely be “paid off” and making me money in 3 more years or so.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Bravo. Energy independence starts at home…literally. What is your storage as  in batteries?  What type and total stored amps are you using. Thanks for any info. 

My arrays are east west mounted so not even ideal.  If I had a south facing roof I would have been even cheaper to do this.  24 panels on East and 24 on the west.  lots of shade on panels as well from how close they crammed these homes in, in my hood.

My array will be south facing on a tall pole barn with roof and trusses designed to accommodate the solar panels   I’m an 40 acres and trees or any other interference except for clouds will be non existent. Thanks again for the info. The Tesla Model3 is real high on my list. Right now my average energy bills, natural gas, electricity, and diesel for the Silverado is around $750 a month, every month…that will buy a lot of solar!  In 5 years right now that’s 45k. The quote for. 12kwh system is $180 a month. That’s $10,500. Cost savings will alone pay for the Model 3. 

On 11/30/2021 at 1:07 AM, BOHICA said:

I Should be fossil fuel free by the end of next year.  This year was a good start.  New Solar and have a new EV due in the next few days. May have to put some more solar up next year to cover an additional of my EV pickup I have had on order for over a year now.  But the Tesla will be picked up this week.  

only been generating my own electricity since the last few days in April but have made gobs of my own electricity.

E795EA09-CF75-48DD-B45D-6C4B3D3E2085.thumb.png.852fabdb19cf12f843bd3062ac9fd033.png

0F797181-9BC3-47D9-A322-C8EF54DE5B2A.thumb.png.d16120343f285df5e498f2f439641f28.png

BDB8B9B4-6614-425B-AF77-2FC208FF4F8E.thumb.jpeg.9e30c43796ea85cf5ca42e97b0f5a4cf.jpeg

why are you buying a vehicle with the build quality of a Yugo?  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

why are you buying a vehicle with the build quality of a Yugo?  

What’s this quality issue you speak of?  If you don’t like some like maybe a body panel alignment you just take a picture of it. And put the pic in the app and they send somebody to come align the panel to your liking.

that is typically the only complaint from the peanut gallery and it’s easily fixed without having to even take the car in to have a panel gap aligned to your specification

44 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What’s this quality issue you speak of?  If you don’t like some like maybe a body panel alignment you just take a picture of it. And put the pic in the app and they send somebody to come align the panel to your liking.

that is typically the only complaint from the peanut gallery and it’s easily fixed without having to even take the car in to have a panel gap aligned to your specification

the 3/Y just feel cheap.    body panel mismatch can be fixed some but nothing takes away from the cheap look and feel of them.