Check your account email address ×

Scott Atlas responds to Birx the lockdown queen

jtssrx

As a health policy scholar for 17 years and a medical scientist for more than 25 years, I was asked to help the
country during the biggest health crisis in a century. I recommended policies as an advisor to the White House
designed to reduce both the spread of the infection to the vulnerable and the harms of the policies themselves
to those impacted the most – low-income families, the working class of America and our children.

It is not a surprise that Dr. Birx, as the official Task Force Coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force
from late February, 2020 through January 19, 2021, might want to blame others for the failure of her policies.
As Task Force Coordinator, she held the authority over the official federal advice on medical policy. Birx officially
represented the White House and the Task Force to dozens of states, meeting with governors and local
authorities and appearing on media on dozens of visits. She personally detailed the state of the pandemic at all
Task Force meetings and at the COVID meetings attended by the President’s top advisors. Throughout my time
in Washington, Dr.Birx composed in writing and communicated all recommendations from the Task Force to
every state. I visited only one state, Florida, during my time in Washington.

It is an Orwellian attempt to rewrite history to blame those who criticized the lockdowns that were widely
implemented for the failure of the lockdowns that were widely implemented. The policy recommendations of
Dr. Birx as Coordinator of the White House Task Force were implemented by governors throughout nearly the
entire nation during 2020. Those policies failed to stop the dying, failed to stop the infection from spreading,
and inflicted massive health damage and destruction, particularly on working class and lower-income families
and on our children. History’s biggest failure of public health policy lies directly at the hands of those who
recommended the lockdowns and those who implemented them, not on those who advised otherwise. Period.

The claim that I advised the President at any point in my time in Washington to “let the infection spread widely
without mitigation to achieve herd immunity” is false. I never advised the President, the Task Force, or anyone
else while in Washington to allow the virus to spread. Dozens of my writings and interviews during my
Washington service explicitly called for specific mitigations, including social distancing, extra hygiene, and masks
when not able to socially distance, and “focused protection”, a heightened protection of those at risk, to allow a
safe opening and end the public health destruction from lockdowns.

Scott W. Atlas, MD
Robert Wesson Senior Fellow in Health Policy
Hoover Institution
Stanford, California

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who appointed Dr. Birx?

She'd held the position since 2014 after being appointed by President Barack Obama. 

:news:

Edited by Rigid1
Needed to add that emoji

57 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

She'd held the position since 2014 after being appointed by President Barack Obama. 

:news:

No that was for AIDS. She served as the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator under President Donald Trump from 2020 to 2021

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No that was for AIDS. She served as the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator under President Donald Trump from 2020 to 2021

You didn't ask what she was appointed for just who appointed her, Obama,..why, is there a problem with her being appointed to something??

Let me guess, you were going to say " DrUmPH only hires idiots!!" but you can't now..:lol:

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s some ownsge. 

No it's not she was appointed by Obama dipshit. That was the question. Take MC's Tiny cock out of your mouth or is it up your ass right now??

Edited by jtssrx

9 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s some ownsge. 

You quoted the wrong post, dummy.  The "ownsge" (as you spell it) was the response by @Rigid1

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You didn't ask what she was appointed for just who appointed her, Obama,..why, is there a problem with her being appointed to something??

Let me guess, you were going to say " DrUmPH only hires idiots!!" but you can't now..:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1