Check your account email address ×

Liberal Religious Hypocrisy

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  And that is wrong in a lot of ways.

But that is YOU!  O.o

One thing I'll give Christianity and specifically, the biggest human strangle holder, the Catholic church, is the ability to see religion for what it is...A BUSINESS.  And make sure it evolves with the times.  It has turned it into one of today's most peaceful religions.  Ans it sure DID NOT start out that way.  The bible has been revised and re-interpreted "to be law"so many times that is is hardly what it once was.  And that is a good thing.  I'm an atheist.  And made my decision to be so with my own research and study.  I don't hate other religious people but their faith can help me identify their true selves by the religion they follow.  A super great friend of mine and his wife are devout Christians.  My wife's family is Lutheran and her parents are heavily involved in their church.  It's always fun to get together with them and "crack wise".  They get their digs in, and I get mine.  We both laugh to the point of tears sometimes.  Because we are sensible and intelligent people, and anybody can believe whatever they want.  

I've only had one run in with a Muslim ('bout 20 years ago) where we were able to actually talk in a break room and I was inquisitive and felt through us passing each other at work all day, he would be open to discussing it...HE WAS NOT!  He immediately got defensive about it and started with the scripture talk.  I was floored!  And I excused myself from his table.  It was like a Jekyl and Hyde experience.  He was a good guy at work, funny if not completely outgoing.  After that, neither of us treated each other the same.  I actually apologized to him a week later that I had someway offended him....it didn't take.  O.o

Now, I NEVER make my assumptions about people or groups of people by such a limited experience with them.  But, this told me the level of his belief system, and as it turns out, I now think what I witnessed was a pretty good indicator of how that religion is focused.  Out of all my religious "run-ins" (mostly Christians), that one incident stood out.  And believe it or not, I've had some interesting conversations about it.  I'm always good with intellectual "pugilism", but don't start getting coarse or rude....I am quick to return the favor and will go as "south" as the conversation needs to go.

Grow a mirror and you'll see the problem :lol: :nuts:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm an atheist.  And made my decision to be so with my own research and study.  

How can we have that title just because we don't believe in something that is not real?

Who came up with that?

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Snake said:

If you don't get it from the media, then who?

You have a direct line to Hillary's taint, I get that, but do you scoop up tidbits of inside info while you are there that no one else gets?

Gotta look at multiple sources and not all media sources are slanted.  Check, recheck, and check again.  Of course - you won't understand because you're conspiracy theory clown who only looks for info to support your opinion while ignoring the facts.  

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Grow a mirror and you'll see the problem :lol: :nuts:

You should really be careful.  I don't think you are up for the challenge and I am serious.  I don't like you.  I think you are an ignorant twit.  You are five hours from me and I've driven further in one of my psychotic episodes.  Now, as a gentleman, I'll allow you to get out of sight of your family before I start to break you apart.  But I will also drag you out of your home by your fucking hair and hurt you in front of everybody.  And this won't be like the movies.  And you'll realize that as soon as your ears start to ring.

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Gotta look at multiple sources and not all media sources are slanted.  Check, recheck, and check again.  Of course - you won't understand because you're conspiracy theory clown who only looks for info to support your opinion while ignoring the facts.  

You need to recheck your sources and facts about Hillary...

4 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

How can we have that title just because we don't believe in something that is not real?

Who came up with that?

It's not the title..it's the negative connotations that the church has stuck with it.  If I don't feel like explaining myself to some fanatical do-gooder, I tell them I am agnostic.  Nobody from the church knows what that means so they usually just get quiet.  PERFECT.

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Glad to hear you watch Fox news..now pay attention to what they say bish!:bc:

Edited by Capt.Storm

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You should really be careful.  I don't think you are up for the challenge and I am serious.  I don't like you.  I think you are an ignorant twit.  You are five hours from me and I've driven further in one of my psychotic episodes.  Now, as a gentleman, I'll allow you to get out of sight of your family before I start to break you apart.  But I will also drag you out of your home by your fucking hair and hurt you in front of everybody.  And this won't be like the movies.  And you'll realize that as soon as your ears start to ring.

:lol: :nuts::lol: STFU dumb fuck :bc: 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

You need to recheck your sources and facts about Hillary...

You need to get over your Hillary Butthurt and chasing her ghosts like the rest of the rww's on here.  She's gonna be good and hopefully you're man enough to admit it. :bc: 

Faux Noise is not news - it's right wing entertainment :bc: 

:lol:

He is obviously well read .

The silly shit people say and probably believe as reality.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's not the title..it's the negative connotations that the church has stuck with it.  If I don't feel like explaining myself to some fanatical do-gooder, I tell them I am agnostic.  Nobody from the church knows what that means so they usually just get quiet.  PERFECT.

I still don't how anybody can give us a name for not believing in something that is not real..think about it harder.

Just now, SnowRider said:

Faux Noise is not news - it's right wing entertainment :bc: 

Then you get all your news from the left wing propaganda channels then..owned!

I still don't how anybody can give us a name for not believing in something that is not real..think about it harder.

Then you get all your news from the left wing propaganda channels then..owned!

I don't get my news from TV.  Better sources available and fact check the info is also key. I use your emotions against you clowns.  Easy :bc: Conservative men are highly emotional :lol: 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I don't get my news from TV.  Better sources available and fact check the info is also key. I use your emotions against you clowns.  Easy :bc: Conservative men are highly emotional :lol: 

Link please. :bc:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Z Com'on man your way better than that. One of the greatest guys on the net don't let anyone get under your skin like that blow it off man. :bc: 

1 minute ago, Axys1 said:

Z Com'on man your way better than that. One of the greatest guys on the net don't let anyone get under your skin like that blow it off man. :bc: 

If someone were to talk chit to that man to his face -I truly believe he would fawk that person up.