Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Just now, ckf said:

Is it going to continue to get worse as the older drivers continue to retire?

Hard to say , the francecar track owners have to make serious adjustments  to gain back the fans that want to travel , sit , spend , eat , drink and shit at the tracks.  NHRA has had at least four sell outs crowds this year. They are in Brainerd MN. this weekend , fans say that place is a hoot if the weather is good. " The Zoo "   Sad that most of the local racing season here in MI is down to the last three weeks of the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Thats my thinking.

It's not just the drivers that are getting older, so are the fans. Today's youth doesn't have any interest in cars.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is it going to continue to get worse as the older drivers continue to retire?

At the national level, not at this time.  At the local level, it has been happening for over a decade.  Who can afford it without having family money, sponsor money, or a ride from someone with money?

9 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Hard to say , the francecar track owners have to make serious adjustments  to gain back the fans that want to travel , sit , spend , eat , drink and shit at the tracks.  NHRA has had at least four sell outs crowds this year. They are in Brainerd MN. this weekend , fans say that place is a hoot if the weather is good. " The Zoo "   Sad that most of the local racing season here in MI is down to the last three weeks of the year.

I have never been there, but the party in the Zoo at BIR is supposed to be the best in North American motorsports.  Too old for all that hootenanny, so I'll take others word for it.

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's not just the drivers that are getting older, so are the fans. Today's youth doesn't have any interest in cars.

It shows in the stands almost everywhere.  

Most of these drivers have made some pretty good money why risk their health to put up with the grueling NASCAR schedule. I read somewhere where Sadler was worth 25 mil. Could be fake news but most of them have been smart enough to have other financial interests.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We dont have a pool for the busch cars!!!

:owned:

You know what I meant. So, you can stick that owned emoticon where the sun don't shine :bigfinger:

19 minutes ago, Sael said:

Most of these drivers have made some pretty good money why risk their health to put up with the grueling NASCAR schedule. I read somewhere where Sadler was worth 25 mil. Could be fake news but most of them have been smart enough to have other financial interests.

That's why teams are getting rid of older drivers. I read earlier today that Kurt Busch said he was appreciated (read SHR won't pay him the big $$$$) I have no idea what the difference in pay is between a Harvick and a William Byron?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

You know what I meant. So, you can stick that owned emoticon where the sun don't shine :bigfinger:

That's why teams are getting rid of older drivers. I read earlier today that Kurt Busch said he was appreciated (read SHR won't pay him the big $$$$) I have no idea what the difference in pay is between a Harvick and a William Byron?

Good question and I wonder how compensation works for guys like Harvick doing endorsements especially for sponsors...big bucks, some bucks, part of the sponsorship deal...just not sure.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hard to say....hopefully guys like Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney are attracting new younger fans.

5  out of the top 6 in the race right now are Cup drivers.

young fans don't have the money to spend,  thats part of the issue with all sports they priced a lot of people out so unless your products super interesting people won't pay.  

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hard to say....hopefully guys like Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney are attracting new younger fans.

5  out of the top 6 in the race right now are Cup drivers.

young fans don't have the money to spend,  thats part of the issue with all sports they priced a lot of people out so unless your products super interesting people won't pay.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Good point and there are so many other things they can spend what disposable income they have on....so many more Music Festivals now then in our day. Kids would rather spend their money on something like Faster  Horses Country Music Festival than a NASCAR weekend.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point and there are so many other things they can spend what disposable income they have on....so many more Music Festivals now then in our day. Kids would rather spend their money on something like Faster  Horses Country Music Festival than a NASCAR weekend.

My neighbor is 25 and he goes to at least a half dozen music festivals a summer / fasll.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have no idea what the difference in pay is between a Harvick and a William Byron?

William Byron has Jerry Falwell and Liberty U he doesn't need $$$ he has blessings.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sael said:

William Byron has Jerry Falwell and Liberty U he doesn't need $$$ he has blessings.

:lol:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fucking Ty Dillon all over the place running into people...thank god he cut a tire and had to pit. 

:goodpost:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Kyle Larson can drive the fuck out of a race car.

yes he can. i wonder what he would do in a JGR or SHR car?

checkers or wreckers coming up!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

yes he can. i wonder what he would do in a JGR or SHR car?

checkers or wreckers coming up!

He would be up there in the win column with Harvick and Shrub.

Larson had a huge lead....should be a good restart.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Interesting.

Just how serious is Kasey Kahne about stepping away from NASCAR? Apparently, very.

Not only did Kahne turn down a two-year deal to remain at Leavine Family Racing next season but Motorsport.com has learned that the veteran driver also turned down an opportunity to speak to Stewart-Haas Racing about an opening to its No. 41 Ford team.

Multiple sources confirmed Thursday that a representative for SHR reached out recently to speak with Kahne about his interest in the No. 41 but Kahne said he had already made up his mind about retiring from full-time NASCAR competition.

A move to SHR would have placed Kahne with one of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series' most successful teams this season.