Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Kenseths at the end of his career and i wouldn't say is deserving of a top flight ride over a younger guy who has a future.  investing the money for 2-3 years seems counter productive unless a sponsor wants him.  

Who's the younger guy you are referring to?  I think Matt would fit well with Smithfield for the next couple of years while SHR continues to develop their young driver in the Xfinity series. I can't think of his name right now. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?  :lol:

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Who's the younger guy you are referring to?  I think Matt would fit well with Smithfield for the next couple of years while SHR continues to develop their young driver in the Xfinity series. I can't think of his name right now. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?  :lol:

cole custer

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

armirola is more than a decade younger than Kenseth.  Kenseth is 45,  thats retirement age in any sport.  They would be better off keeping him in the car than the senior citizen 

Custer is the SHR young gun,  kenseth might make sense if SMithfield bought into it being a short term thing and sponsor the Xfinity car as well.  

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Kenseths at the end of his career and i wouldn't say is deserving of a top flight ride over a younger guy who has a future.  investing the money for 2-3 years seems counter productive unless a sponsor wants him.  

Not arguing that. And I am a homer since hes from my area and we raced at the same tracks, though he way before me.

But its all about the money. No sponsor, no ride. Though the young guys probably have better potential for sponsors, Im sure Kenseth has plenty of relationships with potential sponsors. But they might not be enough for a high end fulltime ride.

Custer is sponsored by Haas darn near every race. IIRC he can also be a hothead, not sure Smithfield would be interested in that?

Silly season is always the best part of the year.......lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

cole custer

That's it :bc:

Just now, Angry ginger said:

armirola is more than a decade younger than Kenseth.  Kenseth is 45,  thats retirement age in any sport.  They would be better off keeping him in the car than the senior citizen

Custer is the SHR young gun,  kenseth might make sense if SMithfield bought into it being a short term thing and sponsor the Xfinity car as well.  

Armirola just hasn't proven himself. I'll agree that he hasn't been in the best cars out there, but his ship may have sailed. Yes, Matt probably only has a few years left, but I think your idea of using Kenseth and Custer makes the most sense. But who knows what's going to happen. The King didn't want to get off the track at Darlington a few weeks ago. Maybe he'll end up back in the 43 car next year :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Legend said:

Not arguing that. And I am a homer since hes from my area and we raced at the same tracks, though he way before me.

But its all about the money. No sponsor, no ride. Though the young guys probably have better potential for sponsors, Im sure Kenseth has plenty of relationships with potential sponsors. But they might not be enough for a high end fulltime ride.

Custer is sponsored by Haas darn near every race. IIRC he can also be a hothead, not sure Smithfield would be interested in that?

Silly season is always the best part of the year.......lol

Custers dad is some sort of exec. at Stewart Haas Racing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I miss the old Jayski Silly Season site. The new version is to much like ESPN :sad:

Fuck ESPN They seriously suck at everything. They had 1 halfway decent commentator monday night. They rest were fuckin terrible.

4 minutes ago, Legend said:

ah, explains alot.

not saying he sucks, but i think there is better in that series.

Austin Cindric drives a truck for Brad Keselowski Racing and his dad is Tim Cindric who has been an engineer with Team Penske in Indycar for years....the old cliche applies as always...it's who you know.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

new versions so bad i don't ever go to it and jasyki for years was the homepage when i opened  

I don't check as often as I used to. Jeff McCloud is the one that turned me on to that site. I gotta admit he was fun to hang out with. He was just obsessed with SOS and the NHSA.

Kenseth talks ambulance, 2018 plans; no to #10 ride

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Matt Kenseth was made available to the media during NASCAR's Playoff Media Day:

Q) Has NASCAR taken ownership of the issues from Saturday night?
KENSETH: "Which ones? Just the ambulance one? Oh, yeah, I don't know."

Q) Have you talked to them about it?
KENSETH: "No."

Q) What would you like to see done?
KENSETH: "About what? Oh, that particular instance, if we're talking about that, obviously they should have left pit road closed. The ambulance, I haven't watched it, it was by the 78 (Martin Truex Jr.) all the way down to the backstretch. He kept going and entered pit road. They still opened it. So, I mean, that's an obvious one - they should have closed pit road for an extra lap."

Q) Have you seen an ambulance driver get lost or confused in a race before?
KENSETH: "Yeah. I think it was actually the spring Richmond race. I was driving around the infield for about five minutes with him. He was lost and couldn't find the care center. So thankfully I wasn't bleeding to death. Then the other one I think is after California or something like that. He drove so recklessly, it threw me right off the bench and I almost hit my head in the ambulance. So, yeah, there's been a couple instances this year actually."

Q) What constitutes a caution in your eyes?
KENSETH: "Yeah, I mean, I just think that they need to be consistent. If they want to be relevant with all of professional sports, they have to be consistent and they have to call them all the same. Whatever that's going to be is fine, but I think it needs to be consistent. It feels like from not calling it at Darlington, calling it at Richmond, was certainly not consistent from one week to the next, in my opinion."

Q) Have you made any progress on your plans for next year?
KENSETH: "I'm really worried about the next 10 weeks. I mean, the next 10 weeks will probably have enough problems to worry about without, you know, worrying about anything three or four months from now. So, no, I don't really have anything for you there."

Q) Should we consider you a candidate to replace Danica?
KENSETH: "No, nope. It's not me. I can tell you that, it's not me."

Q) Is it a good thing to just let it sort of settle because you don't know what will come up?
KENSETH: "Yeah, are you talking about next year again? Yeah, I mean, obviously they didn't keep me where I was at, which would have been my first choice. There's been a few other rides that were open that were good rides that got filled with other people. So, you know, I don't really know at this minute what's going to happen for next season. Like I said, I got 10 weeks to worry about trying to hopefully be in contention, try to win another championship, win some races. It's been a long time since I've been in Victory Lane. That's really on the top of my mind, is trying to get that done."

With free agents still looking, Aric Almirola emerging as Danica Patrick's likely replacement

5:55 PM ET

Bob PockrassNASCAR

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne say they are not potential replacements for Danica Patrick, leaving Aric Almirola as the most likely driver to step into the Stewart-Haas Racing No. 10 car next season.

Patrick announced Tuesday that she wouldn't return amid SHR's announcement that it had signed Smithfield as a sponsor but wouldn't name the driver until a later date. While Smithfield has sponsored Almirola for the last six years at Richard Petty Motorsports, they might not be paired together initially at SHR to satisfy any contractual restrictions in their move together.

With SHR needing sponsorship for Clint Bowyer (who is signed for 2018) and SHR's Busch still waiting to hear if Monster Energy will continue to back him, SHR has options as far as which driver to pair with Smithfield.

Aric Almirola won't be returning to Richard Petty Motorsports in 2018 and it appears his next stop will be replacing Danica Patrick at Stewart-Haas Racing. Jerry Markland/Getty Images

The 33-year-old Almirola has spent the last six seasons at RPM, which announced Tuesday that he would not return to the organization next season.

That left him as one of five free agents from major NASCAR teams along with Kahen, Kenseth, Busch and Patrick. Kahne will be replaced by William Byron at Hendrick Motorsports next year and Kenseth will be replaced by Erik Jones at Joe Gibbs Racing.

"I don't really think the 10 [of Patrick] is an option - it hasn't seemed to be throughout," Kahne said Wednesday during the NASCAR playoffs media day. "I've talked to them and things, but they've obviously been working in other areas.

"I don't know exactly what I'm doing yet, but I hope to figure it out pretty soon."

Kahne said he has toyed with the idea of racing sprint cars and potentially some IndyCar races. He also confirmed he has talked to Leavine Family Racing, a Chevrolet team that could possibly form a technical alliance with Hendrick, which is still has some financial commitments to Kahne because his contract runs through 2018. Michael McDowell currently drives the No. 95 car for Leavine.

Kenseth, who at 45 is the oldest driver on the NASCAR circuit, said he still does not have anything set for next season.

"[Patrick's replacement] is not me -- I can tell you that, it's not me," said Kenseth, the 2003 NASCAR Cup champion. "Obviously, they didn't keep me where I was at, which would have been my first choice.

"There's been a few other rides that were open that were good rides that got filled with other people. So, you know, I don't really know at this minute what's going to happen for next season."

Busch, whose 2018 option at SHR wasn't picked up because of uncertainty in sponsorship, seemed confident he will have a ride.

"You hire good people, and I have a great staff around me with my agency and the trust that I have in people that work for Ford Motor Company, people that work for [team owner Gene Haas'] Haas Automation and the people that work for Monster Energy -- it's having the trust in them and the right people around you in a situation like this," Busch said.

"As soon as I have more or it's complete, then there will be more updates."

34 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Truex or Larson for The Cup. :ylsuper:

I think its a 3 way race with those two and Busch. I'd really like to see Kyle get his first legitimate Cup Championship. Even as a fan, his bullshit broken leg championship just wasn't right.

I think everyone in the top 7 have a shot.

Truex, Larson, K Busch, Keselowski, Johnson, Harvick, Hamlin

Everyone behind them needs luck to strike at just the right time. Matt Kenseth would be my wildcard pick from the back field.

Who are the first drivers canned from the list?

Stenhouse, Blaney, Kahne

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think its a 3 way race with those two and Busch. I'd really like to see Kyle get his first legitimate Cup Championship. Even as a fan, his bullshit broken leg championship just wasn't right.

Everyone behind them needs luck to strike at just the right time. Matt Kenseth would be my wildcard pick from the back field.

Stenhouse, Blaney, Kahne

Yeah I think those 3 are the first ones to exit.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah I think those 3 are the first ones to exit.

They are the 3 that should be out.

But as we know, all it takes is 1 early exit and you're struggling to stay in.

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Stenhouse, Blaney, Kahne

With his pouty bitchy attitude this year, to hell with him.  Truex all the way!

• Like 2