Check your account email address ×

Local shows

Northwoods Law.

Episodes with Officer Canfield are local to me. I see him around a lot.

I watched Ice Road Truckers alot. Lol.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

We had a bunch of those stupid home showes being made in my aria for over 20 yrs they were always attempting to get free work out of guys . 

There's a HGTV show with a blonde chick from the TC.  I thought she was annoying.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

There's a HGTV show with a blonde chick from the TC.  I thought she was annoying.

Most of the older  HGTV  were in the west metro. That Dean Johnson home time guy lives pretty close to me . He made most of his money pre internet on the how to  videos the show was just a big comercial for the real money the impossible to get out of monthly video program and your personal info on that list they could sell over and over of course 

44 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I wonder if you mean Nicole Curtis?  She really did throw it up for the show.  She is a whole lot more low key in person.  You guys would probably respect her quite a bit if you knew her reasons for leaving the area.

I like that she actually fixed old homes vs. gut jobs or tear downs.  There is no way to build those old homes with new wood, materials, and labor today.  Some were obviously junk, but the good ones were built to last.  I've fixed up a few and still keep watching for a project to show up on the market.  The repair work isn't tough, it just takes time.   It always amazes me when I find one that has been essentially ignored for 20+ years and can still be repaired.  Modern homes break down a whole lot quicker.

Back to the Ice Vikings.  Hadn't heard of that show.  Sounds like it could be interesting.

5 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I wonder if you mean Nicole Curtis?  She really did throw it up for the show.  She is a whole lot more low key in person.  You guys would probably respect her quite a bit if you knew her reasons for leaving the area.

I like that she actually fixed old homes vs. gut jobs or tear downs.  There is no way to build those old homes with new wood, materials, and labor today.  Some were obviously junk, but the good ones were built to last.  I've fixed up a few and still keep watching for a project to show up on the market.  The repair work isn't tough, it just takes time.   It always amazes me when I find one that has been essentially ignored for 20+ years and can still be repaired.  Modern homes break down a whole lot quicker.

Back to the Ice Vikings.  Hadn't heard of that show.  Sounds like it could be interesting.

Old homes can be a massive pita to say the least lol. Especaly when a historical society has to be involed . Fucking shoot me.  I spent 2.5 yrs redoing the Ordway/Crane home  1 block behind summit . That was a cool old home littealy every room had a bathroom and a fireplace .  The parents built it as a wedding gift when the kids got married way way  back in the day.  Then over the yrs the mansion became a 4 plex . We turned it back and kept the servents sectiin as a rental. Then another 2+ yrs on a old pig on summit . 

9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure why but this goofball cracks me up....

My nephew dates Steph Custance from that show.

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yeah Nicole Curtis, easy on the eyes.

My house was built in 1926 I know all about it lol.

So you have knob and tube . That's fun stuff lol your right at the end of it there in 26 

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Most of the older  HGTV  were in the west metro. That Dean Johnson home time guy lives pretty close to me . He made most of his money pre internet on the how to  videos the show was just a big comercial for the real money the impossible to get out of monthly video program and your personal info on that list they could sell over and over of course 

the many wives of Dean Johnson LOL, watched HomeTime for many years, had some pretty hot woman then disappeared around here

52 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

the many wives of Dean Johnson LOL, watched HomeTime for many years, had some pretty hot woman then disappeared around here

Guy is mid 70s now he is still out and about . If you can afford it nothing wrong with trading in the old model for a new one with that fresh fish smell 

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So you have knob and tube . That's fun stuff lol your right at the end of it there in 26 

Yeah 1/2 of it's been upgraded, the other 1/2 is sketchy still.  One fuse panel still has glass screw in fuses.

18 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yeah 1/2 of it's been upgraded, the other 1/2 is sketchy still.  One fuse panel still has glass screw in fuses.

Rather have screw in than a federal pacific box unless I wanted the insurance money that is