Check your account email address ×

Obama Mortgage Care

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

Even that idiot Barney Frank eventually got it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/02/barney-frank-the-poor-should-rent-not-own/35041/

In its final installment of the Big Think's "Went Went Wrong" Series on the financial crisis, they interviewed Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA). Much of the interview was predictable: Frank mostly explained what anyone closely following the financial regulation push in Congress already knew. But there was one fascinating gem in discussing where Fannie and Freddie went wrong. Frank views ushering the poor to own homes as a mistake and believes they should rent instead.

Frank was responding to the question about how Fannie and Freddie could be structured to avoid moral hazard and a too cozy relationship with the regulators. After stating that we should separate the liquidity creation function from the subsidy objective (which we already knew he supported), he said:  "I think the answer is you separate out the function of providing the equity in general for the mortgage market and doing some subsidy and in my judgment, the subsidy again, as I said before, should be focused on affordable rental housing, not in pushing low income people into owning homes that they can't afford."

This is a good post

34 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They just don't get it

You would think the above would clear thing up some with what frank had to say about the freddies.

Edited by Capt.Storm

On 6/15/2016 at 8:26 PM, Capt.Storm said:

And she's right..at least prolly most of the time.

If interest rates go up..so does your loan ...but also the other way around.

You pays your money and roll the dice..but don''t do that with your mortgage is my advice.

I bet 90%, or more, who lost their houses withing the last 15 years had an ARM and got in way over their heads. Banks giving 125% loans didn't help either. 

13 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I bet 90%, or more, who lost their houses withing the last 15 years had an ARM and got in way over their heads. Banks giving 125% loans didn't help either. 

Stated Income mortgages was another one .  So much shit was going on between 96 and 08 it was fucking insane . :bc:

• Like 1