Check your account email address ×

Ahhhhh ... the life of sports in Minnesota

I was half heartedly joking in the NBA thread from earlier today when I made reference to congratulating UMASS, in advance, for winning the hockey national championship today .. but I see that's exactly what happened.  Big shocker (not!).  Here's a day in the life of MN sports:

1.  St. Cloud loses the NCAA national championship hockey game by getting shut out, 5-0 today.

2.  The Wild (well, let's be honest ... the Mild) rebound after an ass pounding by the Blues (lost 9-1) yesterday to skate with them today and take a lead into the last minute of the game ... only to give up a game tying goal with 40'ish seconds remaining.  Then, to top it off, find a way to give up the game winner to Blues with 2 secs left in OT.  But hey, kudos on getting that 1 point for forcing OT!! LOL

3.  The Twins lose another game in the 10th inning, mostly because MLB decided it's necessary to start the inning with a runner on 2nd base.  WTF???

4.  The Wolves .... meh, who am I kiddin.  Nobody gives a flying F about that shit pile team.

Edited by Bontz

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I was half heartedly joking in the NBA thread from earlier today when I made reference to congratulating UMASS, in advance, for winning the hockey national championship today .. but I see that's exactly what happened.  Big shocker (not!).  Here's a day in the life of MN sports:

1.  St. Cloud loses the NCAA national championship hockey game by getting shut out, 5-0 today.

2.  The Wild (well, let's be honest ... the Mild) rebound after an ass pounding by the Blues (lost 9-1) yesterday to skate with them today and take a lead into the last minute of the game ... only to give up a game tying goal with 40'ish seconds remaining.  Then, to top it off, find a way to give up the game winner to Blues with 2 secs left in OT.  But hey, kudos on getting that 1 point for forcing OT!! LOL

3.  The Twins lose another game in the 10th inning, mostly because MLB decided it's necessary to start the inning with a runner on 2nd base.  WTF???

4.  The Wolves .... meh, who am I kiddin.  Nobody gives a flying F about that shit pile team.

Yeah this part is fucking stupid, its almost like it was designed by the umpires / union team so that way Umpire can go home faster.  real stupid concept. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Bontz said:

A Rod and a partner want to buy the T Wolves.

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

How can you talk about the misery of Minnesota sports without mentioning the Viqueens? 😜

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They'll be out of MN in 5 years if that happens.  

37 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

How can you talk about the misery of Minnesota sports without mentioning the Viqueens? 😜

You can't.  Their fans are a bunch of eternal optimists.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Clearly they have more money than brains, but I have no problem if they do because they will do exactly as below ...

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

My guess is to move them the fuck out.  No loss 

And I'm fine with that ... same sentiments!

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I figured everyone knew enough, what it was like for fans of the Vikings.  When a fan base takes more joy in losses by rivalry teams, that tells you how pathetic the home team is.  I've seen people cheer way more when the Bears and Packers lose than when the Vikings win (the exception being, if the Vikings actually beat the Bears or Packers then it's like winning the Super Bowl - which the Vikings will never do).