Check your account email address ×

f7ben is right....dumbass faggots always wrong

f7ben

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Over a second faster 0-60 on tune only stock clutching vs my stock Z1 my buddy now owns. You’re dumb as fuck and got owned hard

I thought of you when I first saw the add for this sled I am looking at.  Sled has 3 tunes available, 230, 270, and 295hp.

Right from the ad: "NO clutch changes required between tunes"   :lol:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, hayward said:

I thought of you when I first saw the add for this sled I am looking at.  Sled has 3 tunes available, 230, 270, and 295hp.

Right from the ad: "NO clutch changes required between tunes"   :lol:

Nobody ever changes clutching between pump gas tunes....you just let the sled rev higher and they make significantly more power and speed 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nobody ever changes clutching between pump gas tunes....you just let the sled rev higher and they make significantly more power and speed 

I assume you're talking 4 strokes only?  What's the limit on RPM on an engine like this?  

Just now, hayward said:

I assume you're talking 4 strokes only?  What's the limit on RPM on an engine like this?  

Yes turbo 4s only. The limit can be many things but can usually be boiled down to a restriction in flow in the motor , limits of the valve springs or limits in flow of the turbo. These things are usually well beyond pump gas tunes 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes turbo 4s only. The limit can be many things but can usually be boiled down to a restriction in flow in the motor , limits of the valve springs or limits in flow of the turbo. These things are usually well beyond pump gas tunes 

Ooooohhhhh this sounds so shweeet!  So how many RPM roughly on say, 270 horse, at peak hp of course?

25 minutes ago, hayward said:

Ooooohhhhh this sounds so shweeet!  So how many RPM roughly on say, 270 horse, at peak hp of course?

The valve springs are the major factor for rpm limits .....it’s a bit murky depending on power levels but something well short of 9k for stock valve springs and 20lbs of boost or less. This is all assuming a more free flowing exhaust. A constrictive exhaust holds heat in the motor and then everything gets tighter limit wise

Edited by f7ben

23 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Make it happen before season ends. Video proof. Or you are the retard, for life, of fs com.

Time to prove yourself bigmouth.

Dude....I can do video now through the dragy app. I just need a phone mount and weather that isn’t -30f and colder lol

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude....I can do video now through the dragy app. I just need a phone mount and weather that isn’t -30f and colder lol

How do you do at the radar runs in your area?

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

How do you do at the radar runs in your area?

I haven’t run any....the first one if the season is this weekend but I think it’s canceled as it’s supposed to be -33f tonight and only -11f for a high tomorrow. 

My sled only has enough gear in it for 120 or so mph no either way. I’d be out of gear in 750’ or less on ice. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, frenchy said:

is that thing purely GPS based?

High speed gps yes. I was skeptical at first but it’s a well proven tool and the app is pretty damn cool. I waited a few years and then finally just had to have one 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

High speed gps yes. I was skeptical at first but it’s a well proven tool and the app is pretty damn cool. I waited a few years and then finally just had to have one 

what is the margin of error or is it pretty much nil? Not up on the technology just know Daive is always trying to get Drew to share his Z06 draggy times and he won't :lol: 

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I haven’t run any....the first one if the season is this weekend but I think it’s canceled as it’s supposed to be -33f tonight and only -11f for a high tomorrow. 

My sled only has enough gear in it for 120 or so mph no either way. I’d be out of gear in 750’ or less on ice. 

Yeah, that's way too cold for me,..Crock-Pot full of chili, beers, and family day right there brother..fuck that..haha

31 minutes ago, frenchy said:

what is the margin of error or is it pretty much nil? Not up on the technology just know Daive is always trying to get Drew to share his Z06 draggy times and he won't :lol: 

I think most find it accurate to within a few hundredths of a second or better vs certified timers. It also does cool shit like calculate elevation change to fractions of an inch and density altitude etc. What sealed it for me is the video overlay stuff they ironed out in the app. Google some dragy vids. They did a decent job 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

The valve springs are the major factor for rpm limits .....it’s a bit murky depending on power levels but something well short of 9k for stock valve springs and 20lbs of boost or less. This is all assuming a more free flowing exhaust. A constrictive exhaust holds heat in the motor and then everything gets tighter limit wise

Makes sense.  Thanks for the tutorial.:bc:

On 2/12/2021 at 10:14 AM, f7ben said:

It’s what happens to every form of racing. Money takes over and prices out the guy who isn’t rich. 

Agreed.   Even the lowest class of outlaws pushes people out.   Right idea keeping it stock turbo but allowing the motor mods just turns people away.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed.   Even the lowest class of outlaws pushes people out.   Right idea keeping it stock turbo but allowing the motor mods just turns people away.

We need stock turbo, pump gas , trail studs class. That would eliminate 95% of the money issues

Just now, f7ben said:

We need stock turbo, stock motor, pump gas , trail studs class. That would eliminate 95% of the money issues

Fixed it.   

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you keep it pump gas and stock turbo then motor mods make zero difference 

For the most part I can agree with that. 

Pro Mod Hurricane Hemi Engine

$7,499.00 USD

The Hurricane Hemi Engine has proven to add 20 HP with a significant increase in torque over the Hurricane Pro mod engine. This engine combination is designed to maximize the efficiency while using the stock 998 turbo to meet race rules. The Hurricane Hemi Pro mod Engine includes CNC ported head, aggressive intake and exhaust cams, double valve springs, Hurricane  Valve shim retaining kit on exhaust cam, Hemi combustion chamber, custom Hurricane – CP pistons, Carrillo Rods, custom ARP head studs, double O-ring, head gasket, and much more!

We are confident that when you need the most power to win while meeting all sanctioned rules, the Hurricane Hemi Pro mod Engine will deliver.

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

For the most part I can agree with that. 

Pro Mod Hurricane Hemi Engine

$7,499.00 USD

The Hurricane Hemi Engine has proven to add 20 HP with a significant increase in torque over the Hurricane Pro mod engine. This engine combination is designed to maximize the efficiency while using the stock 998 turbo to meet race rules. The Hurricane Hemi Pro mod Engine includes CNC ported head, aggressive intake and exhaust cams, double valve springs, Hurricane  Valve shim retaining kit on exhaust cam, Hemi combustion chamber, custom Hurricane – CP pistons, Carrillo Rods, custom ARP head studs, double O-ring, head gasket, and much more!

We are confident that when you need the most power to win while meeting all sanctioned rules, the Hurricane Hemi Pro mod Engine will deliver.

In a full race gas setup on stock turbo that motor is gonna make a difference. On 93 octane it wouldn’t matter a whole lot. Maybe a little more power just do to better flow but who knows

• Like 1