Check your account email address ×

Understanding Gun Violence In America...

I would have no problem having a waiting period for past criminal and mental health issues for any new rifles sold from here on out.

We do it for pistols in ny.  You have to have a permit with all your pistols on it.     Rifles should be no diff. 

Right now NY only does a instant check for long guns and I think that's just for felonies,not sure. 

Edited by Capt.Storm

56 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

But the way the law is they had no legal right to detain him or prevent him from buying a gun. The FBI acted as far as the law would allow 

Wrong.  The place he was going to buy armor and ammunition called the FBI and told them exactly what happened.  They didn't want to stop him.  Did you know that he got on the phone and was talking in arabic after he was denied the body armor, then turned and asked for cases of ammunition?

Edited by racer254

I want to know why snowbeavis is all for arming muslims in syria and yet he wants to take away the guns from NRA members?  Let that sink in and I think we all know who is on the wrong side of argument.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Wrong.  The place he was going to buy armor and ammunition called the FBI and told them exactly what happened.  They didn't want to stop him.

I was going to bring that up but I can't hardly believe that's true..that the fbi blew it off.

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

I was going to bring that up but I can't hardly believe that's true..that the fbi blew it off.

Well, I used to think that our politicians would not want something like this, but now I understand that if the liberals didn't have this happen, the gun control debate would never come up.  Fast and Furious changed my whole outlook on this.  Who in their right mind would have ever thought that fast and furious was true?

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, I used to think that our politicians would not want something like this, but now I understand that if the liberals didn't have this happen, the gun control debate would never come up.  Fast and Furious changed my whole outlook on this.  Who in their right mind would have ever thought that fast and furious was true?

Stranger then fiction for sure..wtf.

You really can't make this chit up.

Edited by Capt.Storm

57 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wrong.  The place he was going to buy armor and ammunition called the FBI and told them exactly what happened.  They didn't want to stop him.  Did you know that he got on the phone and was talking in arabic after he was denied the body armor, then turned and asked for cases of ammunition?

Right. And none of that is against the law. They were suspicious and called the FBI. And talking Arabic ain't against the law either lol. Suspicions ain't enough unfortunately 

• Like 1

Just now, Ebsell said:

Right. And none of that is against the law. They were suspicious and called the FBI. And talking Arabic ain't against the law either lol. Suspicions ain't enough unfortunately 

Maybe so but he was already on their watch list right?

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

Maybe so but he was already on their watch list right?

I think that was the problem. He was already checked out twice and they couldn't nail him on anything. This time he was probably brushed off because of that. Chalked up to a false alarm. Bottom line is if the FBI had the power to put him on some kind of list to prevent him from buying a gun it might not have happened. Or in all likelihood he would have found an one anyways and still did it. Who knows 

3 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

I think that was the problem. He was already checked out twice and they couldn't nail him on anything. This time he was probably brushed off because of that. Chalked up to a false alarm. Bottom line is if the FBI had the power to put him on some kind of list to prevent him from buying a gun it might not have happened. Or in all likelihood he would have found an one anyways and still did it. Who knows 

Well god damn now here someone is calling him into the fbi about armor and ammo after the fbi talked him twice..and they didn't want to talk to him again..wtf...i bet the dots were not connected..prolly cause he must not have been on a list anymore maybe?

Edited by Capt.Storm

4 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Well god damn now here someone is calling him into the fbi about armor and ammo after the fbi talked him twice..and they didn't want to talk to him again..wtf...i bet the dots were not connected..prolly cause he must not have been on a list anymore maybe?

No idea. I'm sure we will find out more in coming weeks ahead. Fucked up situation for sure 

8 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

I concur.

Might be the fbi has some explaining to do.

Guy shop guy says he called the FBI and explained the situation. It obvious someone dropped the ball. They should have been watching this guy 24/7.

Florida has the most concealed weapon permits in the nation, "nearly double that of the second state, which is Texas."

Jeb Bush on Friday, April 10th, 2015 in a speech to the NRA

Come to find out Florida has the most conceal carry permits in the country! Like 1 in 10 adults has one.

But you cant carry into a establishment that is mainly a bar. If it's mainly a restaurant that has a bar you can.

That distinction meant that up to 30 people could have had a pistol the night of the shooting spree if not for the above distinction.

What say you guys?

Tighten up gun laws there or loosen  them even more?

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/apr/15/jeb-bush/which-state-most-gun-permits/

Edited by Capt.Storm

58 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:
Florida has the most concealed weapon permits in the nation, "nearly double that of the second state, which is Texas."

Jeb Bush on Friday, April 10th, 2015 in a speech to the NRA

Come to find out Florida has the most conceal carry permits in the country! Like 1 in 10 adults has one.

But you cant carry into a establishment that is mainly a bar. If it's mainly a restaurant that has a bar you can.

That distinction meant that up to 30 people could have had a pistol the night of the shooting spree if not for the above distinction.

What say you guys?

Tighten up gun laws there or loosen  them even more?

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/apr/15/jeb-bush/which-state-most-gun-permits/

Well, personally, I find the gun carry permits little more than a government registry.  And I won't have one.  I'm already on that list, they aren't getting a current situation report from me every year.  I almost never have a gun with me but when I feel I may need one, I carry one, it is fully loaded and there is one in the chamber and I can reach it in a quick way.  And that is all there is to that.  Period.

As far as the laws to regulate where and when somebody is allowed to "conceal carry" after approved for a permit to do so, well, isn't that kinda stupid?  Again, thanks for registering with us, but you cannot carry your gun around other people.  Dumb.  I do however understand some reasoning behind not having it in a drinking establishment.  But, I think the owner/manager of that establishment, or really any business should have a permit to have a gun on the premises.  And to expand it, I lived  in a county years ago that had a law stating every homeowner must have a gun on the premises. Now it was an old law and clearly not enforceable, but guess what the crime rate was in that county? Yep.