Check your account email address ×

Minimum Wage

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This is really it in a nutshell.  Raising the min wage, while beneficial in some aspects, is usually short lived for most of the benefit and the increase in wages are absorbed by the cost of goods and services everyone has to pay.

Ah no....that’s fucking 100% bullshit

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s fucking impossible to argue with someone so dumb they don’t understand disposable income as it relates to low wage earners. These ducking idiots arguing that they won’t see any net benefit from a increase in wages because inflation will eat it up are the dumbest cocksucking assholes alive 

Disposable income may gain a few years, but minimum wage is minimum wage.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s fucking impossible to argue with someone so dumb they don’t understand disposable income as it relates to low wage earners. These ducking idiots arguing that they won’t see any net benefit from a increase in wages because inflation will eat it up are the dumbest cocksucking assholes alive 

It's amazing how little knowledge of very basic economics the average person possesses. 

But I suppose if more of us actually understood what's been going on we'd probably have a new economic system by now.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Obviously that was sarcasm.

Macroeconomic problems can't be solved with microeconomics. 

Wages across the board need to rise if we are ever to have any hope of unwinding the gigantic amounts of debt we've been incurring propping up demand. 

I was slightly concerned there for a minute.  

Without some across the board plan for all wage earners (within reason), you only kick the football down the road.

Just now, motonoggin said:

It's amazing how little knowledge of very basic economics the average person possesses. 

But I suppose if more of us actually understood what's been going on we'd probably have a new economic system by now.

All any person with a brain needs to see is a chart of real wages vs Corp profits. These fucking morons need culled

Just now, f7ben said:

All any person with a brain needs to see is a chart of real wages vs Corp profits. These fucking morons need culled

:lol:

”MINIMUM WAGE IS A WAY TO FIGHT BIG. OORP PROFITS!!!  WE’LL SHOW THEM!!!”

Dummy.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I was slightly concerned there for a minute.  

Without some across the board plan for all wage earners (within reason), you only kick the football down the road.

There are very few government policies left that can put upward pressure on wages. Raising the minimum wage has to happen. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Look....you’re a moron.....my type of moron though. I still love you, now back to the wild game

It’s just not the same without fans.  That piped in shit is just gay as fuck.  If we get this goal pulled back (again) I’m gonna break something!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s just not the same without fans.  That piped in shit is just gay as fuck.  If we get this goal pulled back (again) I’m gonna break something!

What the fuck were they challenging?

There are very few government policies left that can put upward pressure on wages. Raising the minimum wage has to happen. 

Simply raising the minunum wage does just that, it doesn't do anything for someone currently making just above the new minimum wage from staying where they are at.  

A bracketed wage increase has to accommodate a raise in minimum wage, to an extent.  

If you were making $22/hr, you'll now be making $25/hr. per the new law (example, not thought out numbers).

If you were making $75/hr, you shouldn't expect to see a wage increase.

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Simply raising the minunum wage does just that, it doesn't do anything for someone currently making just above the new minimum wage from staying where they are at.  

A bracketed wage increase has to accommodate a raise in minimum wage, to an extent.  

If you were making $22/hr, you'll now be making $25/hr. per the new law (example, not thought out numbers).

If you were making $75/hr, you shouldn't expect to see a wage increase.

There's no legal mechanism to do that, but it's a good idea. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

There's no legal mechanism to do that, but it's a good idea. 

Why not? 

If there is a new law to raise MW, why can there not be a new law that says if you are with X% of the new MW, you get a Y% wage increase?

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Why not? 

If there is a new law to raise MW, why can there not be a new law that says if you are with X% of the new MW, you get a Y% wage increase?

Congress could theoretically do that but they couldn't even raise the minimum wage the last 12 years lol

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Our government couldn't fucking wheel a tire down a hill, so I have very little faith in much they do.

Oh that's just what they want you to think. They can muster up trillions in a matter of hours to bailout banks and big business. 

Oh that's just what they want you to think. They can muster up trillions in a matter of hours to bailout banks and big business. 

They printed 20% of all dollars in months because they knew it would 100% be funneled to the wealthy 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Like I said, I have very little faith in our government, and that runs across all levels.