Jump to content

Cat AWS1 chassis


Recommended Posts

On 1/8/2022 at 8:25 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's nice to see them using the same windscreen and headlight on the b-Last

:lol:

looks good, any luck on the 93?

Your snopro uses atv headlights

 

v-1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was blown away when @airflite1 reached out that he had a nos hood, that I could HAVE!  Unbelievable.  It will find it's way onto a machine sooner or later but until then I am going to look at it a w

That's pretty cool actually.  I'm still getting everything fully sorted on it and getting it to be it's best.  But when I get there and if I'm really pumped on the sled I might look into this for sure

The 96 got new control arm bushings, new shock bushings, and new clutch weight bushings and pins.  The more you poke around the more you find, good thing I caught the clutch weight bushings when I did

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Your snopro uses atv headlights

 

v-1.jpg

I know, they aren't great but at least I have four of them.  :lol:

Actually, when properly adjusted with good halogen bulbs and when you trim the openings they are just barely tolerable compared to modern lamps.

Your Jag headlight is probably more useful than the one on the bLast, from what some owners have reported.  

I won't let you or anyone else attempt to win the worst snowmobile headlight award.  We had a SkiDoo Safari 377 and when ridden hard, the headlight would inconveniently fall inside the hood at the most innopportune moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know, they aren't great but at least I have four of them.  :lol:

Actually, when properly adjusted with good halogen bulbs and when you trim the openings they are just barely tolerable compared to modern lamps.

Your Jag headlight is probably more useful than the one on the bLast, from what some owners have reported.  

I won't let you or anyone else attempt to win the worst snowmobile headlight award.  We had a SkiDoo Safari 377 and when ridden hard, the headlight would inconveniently fall inside the hood at the most innopportune moment.

I've never had a problem with the jag or snopro headlights.  Jag has less for lightweight, the true performance machine.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 9:33 AM, Cwhite138 said:

with the suspension parts, did you get it all from your local dealer? 
I noticed looking for parts for my wildcat a lot of parts are NLA.

If you need a lower ball joint for one of those I should have one.  It is new.  I picked one up for a spare jag part, not knowing if it works for jags but have since found a few nos jag ones 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Arctic Cat JAG Z. Rear suspension removed and all the wheels are getting new grease or bearings if they can't be saved. Skid was in better shape than I thought.

Next up, front suspension. Any suggestion how I can remove the rear bolt on the lower A-Arms without removing the engine or bellypan? Otherwise I remove the spindles and mask and paint the arms without removing them.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0002b.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2022 at 3:29 PM, zr800m10 said:

Arctic Cat JAG Z. Rear suspension removed and all the wheels are getting new grease or bearings if they can't be saved. Skid was in better shape than I thought.

Next up, front suspension. Any suggestion how I can remove the rear bolt on the lower A-Arms without removing the engine or bellypan? Otherwise I remove the spindles and mask and paint the arms without removing them.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0002b.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

A 93, nice!

You don't have to remove engine or belly pan to take the control arm bolts out.  I replaced the bushings in my 94 z, our 96 jag, and in the puma last year.  Didn't remove engine or belly pan.  At first I thought belly pan would have to come off but it doesn't and it's really not too bad at all to do.

I think if you remove the exhaust is all you have to do 

Edited by mnstang
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

This weekend I got the Jag out and finally put the snopro motor in.  Wanted to get another jag to be the mod but that is not happening so doing it to the 94.  Good amount of time into this motor and lots of reading and over analyzing things as far as timing and exhaust to run.  Hopefully it turns out good.  It's running and I even took it around the yard but it didn't like that, I dumped a bunch of oil in the crankcase when I put it together and it was still burning that out it is running good now on the stand but I haven't even begun jetting it, still using jetting from the stock motor and it's running lean even at 70 degrees today.

And I looked at it a bunch.  Man it looks sweet.

 

PXL_20221001_182203250.jpg

PXL_20221003_010637427.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I may have a 1988 El Tigre 6000 for sale that needs some work. PM me if intrested. 

I am about at my limit I have five machines plus the family machine that I take care of

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mnstang said:

I am about at my limit I have five machines plus the family machine that I take care of

it belonged to a young friend of mine who committed suicide, I'm just looking for a good home for the sled. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Sourced a couple more shocks so now I have a complete set of NOS Ryde FX accessory catalog shocks for the 94 jag.  Sick.

Also the 96 jag got some early use.

Also sourced some period correct, stock appearing aluminum skis that should be good for a 12 pound weight saving for the 94 and the 96 will likely end up with the 94 skis because the 96's are wearing pretty thin.

If I hadn't been hunting I would have already had some solid testing on the 94 with the mod motor 

 

PXL_20221123_005800537.jpg

PXL_20221120_164813568.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Sourced a couple more shocks so now I have a complete set of NOS Ryde FX accessory catalog shocks for the 94 jag.  Sick.

Also the 96 jag got some early use.

Also sourced some period correct, stock appearing aluminum skis that should be good for a 12 pound weight saving for the 94 and the 96 will likely end up with the 94 skis because the 96's are wearing pretty thin.

If I hadn't been hunting I would have already had some solid testing on the 94 with the mod motor 

 

PXL_20221123_005800537.jpg

PXL_20221120_164813568.jpg

Jerry is a good guy and has a ton of stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Jerry is a good guy and has a ton of stuff.

For sure, he is a good stopping point at Princeton.  I was super pumped to find the shocks on his site.  Great price too.  Last two.  I only knew the part numbers for them because I picked up these old RV sports catalogs and they had them listed there and then I searched Jerry's with those numbers.  Even the old performance manuals I have didn't list those shocks.  The RV sports catalogs are super cool to look through!

PXL_20221124_020303544.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mnstang said:

For sure, he is a good stopping point at Princeton.  I was super pumped to find the shocks on his site.  Great price too.  Last two.  I only knew the part numbers for them because I picked up these old RV sports catalogs and they had them listed there and then I searched Jerry's with those numbers.  Even the old performance manuals I have didn't list those shocks.  The RV sports catalogs are super cool to look through!

PXL_20221124_020303544.jpg

Bought a few things from his nos stuff when I had the old cats. Pretty impressive inventory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Bought a few things from his nos stuff when I had the old cats. Pretty impressive inventory. 

You should go to his shed/shop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...