No Yamaha owners here??

ckf

On 12/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, ckf said:

There must be someone here to represent Yamaha?

My knowledge stops at 08's with only a smidgen later and earlier than that.  

IMG_0600 (Large).JPG

IMG_0180 (Large).JPG

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, irv said:

My knowledge stops at 08's with only a smidgen later and earlier than that.  

IMG_0180 (Large).JPG

IMG_0029_1.JPG

Mine stops at the Inviter my dad had when I was a kid. That funny looking thing was faster than my Ski Doo 250cc Citation, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Mine stops at the Inviter my dad had when I was a kid. That funny looking thing was faster than my Ski Doo 250cc Citation, lol

A friend of a friend was almost killed on one of those and had to be airlifted out many years ago. I knew nothing about those sleds, and still don't, for the most part, but my buddy said they were an ill handling, tippy POS? 

8 minutes ago, irv said:

A friend of a friend was almost killed on one of those and had to be airlifted out many years ago. I knew nothing about those sleds, and still don't, for the most part, but my buddy said they were an ill handling, tippy POS? 

Your buddy was right, lol

• Haha 1

I will start the representation.  

I'm on my 7th Yamaha now.  And my skin is thick, so I can take anyone's shit.  I drive a purpose built sled for the way I ride.  And I respect all other brands in the group I ride with.

First Ride in Minnesota!

Edited by biff.org

• 3 weeks later...

Still riding a nytro xtx. Mixed feelings about this sled.   I love the way it is put together but that also is it's biggest problem.  It is very poorly balanced and the steering effort is insane especially in set up tracked out snow.  Off trail it is fun but front heavy.   Never any problems though.  That is the selling point. 

• Like 1

I have nothing bad to say about my two Yamaha's . There a snowmobile :) Always,  some good and bad !   For Trail riding I'm not sure I'll ever go back to a 2-stroke.

Case in point. The last picture show's a good variety of sleds. Missing a 2017 Polaris Axys 800 . Only two sleds had no problems the Brand new Ski doo 900 turbo and Mine.  2008 Yamaha Vector . We only covered 600 miles in 3 days .  I witnessed 2 sleds come apart going less than 45 mph . One had 2300 miles and the other 950 .  I guess with the winters getting worst and worst I'll just keep what I  have and ride them. 

Now my oldest Daughter lives in Boise Idaho and they just got back into mountain riding . I'll be looking for a 2 stroke for out there , but I might just try a Snowbike ....

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 12:05 PM, Highmark said:

Still have my 2018 Sidewinder.   Some more changes this fall.   Looking forward to riding it again.

I missed my opportunity to ride my buds a couple years ago. He loved it and said it just kept pulling and pulling. He has gone to a 2 stroke now though due to back issues as he is hoping the lighter 2 stroke will be easier on it. 

• 7 months later...