Check your account email address ×

La question for XCR1250

Rod

I have a buddy who bought a blown up XCR 800. Minty body but crank and case are F worded, and XCR 800 bottom ends are as rare as a virgin on a reserve 

can he just use a 680 ultra bottom end and slide the 800 jugs on? I hear the pto snout is different but that’s about all I can find 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I have a buddy who bought a blown up XCR 800. Minty body but crank and case are F worded, and XCR 800 bottom ends are as rare as a virgin on a reserve 

can he just use a 680 ultra bottom end and slide the 800 jugs on? I hear the pto snout is different but that’s about all I can find 

You can but I'd avoid the 1996 680 and 600 sp crankcases. PTO end is still 30mm but is longer on the 800.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, ACE said:

What’s wrong with the 96’s?

Ok, bare with me, the 1996's have an oil filled water pump and oil filled crankcase at the location of the water pump gear, the 96 cranks that are used have 2 seals to keep the oil in place and are known to fail after some time, you have to purchase that whole crank segment when you repair it..also only the 99 700 & the 2000-2003 XCR 800's have a thicker crankcase at the center crankcase on both sides of the case which was done to strengthen the case for the more powerful 800.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Ok, bare with me, the 1996's have an oil filled water pump and oil filled crankcase at the location of the water pump gear, the 96 cranks that are used have 2 seals to keep the oil in place and are known to fail after some time, you have to purchase that whole crank segment when you repair it..also only the 99 700 & the 2000-2003 XCR 800's have a thicker crankcase at the center crankcase on both sides of the case which was done to strengthen the case for the more powerful 800.

Ok thanks. So does a guy just use an ultra primary clutch if using an ultra bottom end?

Ace, 1 more thing, the Ultra primary clutch would use a narrower belt than the XCR 800, clutch would need a shim change to use the Poo 1075 belt, not hard to do if you have the tools, I would then recommend re-balancing.

The Ultra belt is a 1066 and is 1.375" wide, the XCR 800 is a 1075 and is 1.438" wide.

Edited by XCR1250

14 hours ago, ACE said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133333760433

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Ace, 1 more thing, the Ultra primary clutch would use a narrower belt than the XCR 800, clutch would need a shim change to use the Poo 1075 belt, not hard to do if you have the tools, I would then recommend re-balancing.

The Ultra belt is a 1066 and is 1.375" wide, the XCR 800 is a 1075 and is 1.438" wide.

But you can use the XCR 800 clutch on the ultra crank?