Check your account email address ×

******The Un-Official Daily Thread******

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's about 10 degrees cooler than here right now.  Damn...is that normal for there this early in the year?  Shit!  Snow by November.

According to the NWS the normal low is 51°. However, that is for a location that is normally about 4-5 degrees warmer than us. Elevation has a lot to do with the temps around here. I just looked at the morning lows for the area that I used to live in NH. The elevation there is around 400 ft.,  their low was 51°. I'm at 1200 ft here with a low of 40°.

As for snow, we normally have a white Thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

According to the NWS the normal low is 51°. However, that is for a location that is normally about 4-5 degrees warmer than us. Elevation has a lot to do with the temps around here. I just looked at the morning lows for the area that I used to live in NH. The elevation there is around 400 ft.,  their low was 51°. I'm at 1200 ft here with a low of 40°.

As for snow, we normally have a white Thanksgiving.

Yeah, us too.  We just hope for frozen ice on our outdoor rinks by Thanksgiving.  But, it's been a couple years since that happened.  If we are riding by Christmas (decent packed trail conditions), it's a "win".

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah, us too.  We just hope for frozen ice on our outdoor rinks by Thanksgiving.  But, it's been a couple years since that happened.  If we are riding by Christmas (decent packed trail conditions), it's a "win".

Trails can officially open anytime after December 16th. Even if there is plenty of snow the trails don't get good until everything freezes up. That's usually around New Years.

Just now, ckf said:

Trails can officially open anytime after December 16th. Even if there is plenty of snow the trails don't get good until everything freezes up. That's usually around New Years.

Ours open Dec 1 but that date will usually come and go without much "to do" at all.  Unless you wanna get out there and bust your sled up...always a few of those guys too.  Dealer shops need work too I guess.  Low snow sucks.

I put the portable AC units away for the season today. Even if we have more warm weather I can't see needing them anymore this season.

Today's high was 60°F. Currently 47°F, forecast is calling for frost with a low of 31°.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

Looks like a good del if it was only flown 4 times. I'm not sure what they are going for right now, but the 2 extra batteries were going for $149 each when I bought mine. I'd try to offer him $700 in dead pictures of George and see what he says.