Check your account email address ×

The fraud is just so fucking epic

25 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You know there a world outside that has nothing to do with the USA.  Invest wisely.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I sold more jobs this august then Then I usually do total estimates in any other august. Fucking amazing year

I build swimming pools and I stopped selling months ago. So have most of my competitors. The phone rings everyday with people looking for quotes. Its down to about 5/day on average now but was 10-25 per day through July.

I already have enough work for next year to get me to September and anytime I have left will only be worth more.

Prices are going up, costs are going up.

Shortages of materials now. Seems I spend an hour per day just trying to find/buy product.

Everything is on back order and suppliers are saying this will likely carry into next season.

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just stop it.

It’s not hard to break down.....without massive liquidity injections the system would have completely imploded. Next time we have some minor disruption the amount of debt injected with be significantly greater than last time 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s not hard to break down.....without massive liquidity injections the system would have completely imploded. Next time we have some minor disruption the amount of debt injected with be significantly greater than last time 

Seems that way.

Ben, I spend a lot of time researching and investing in strategies with little to no market correlation.  There's a world out there, I suggest you get familiar with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Seems that way.

Ben, I spend a lot of time researching and investing in strategies with little to no market correlation.  There's a world out there, I suggest you get familiar with it.

I made an offer on a bar/restaurant this week that my wife has wanted for years. My life is almost completely set and I’ll be middle class and comfortable until I die. All the bitching you read from me is my concern for the future generations and what I see as the outright theft of their wealth 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I made an offer on a bar/restaurant this week that my wife has wanted for years. My life is almost completely set and I’ll be middle class and comfortable until I die. All the bitching you read from me is my concern for the future generations and what I see as the outright theft of their wealth 

That is you.  I hope it works for you.

I'm concerned about the future generation and the mess we are leaving them as well, but we're not really gonna change much.  

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I build swimming pools and I stopped selling months ago. So have most of my competitors. The phone rings everyday with people looking for quotes. Its down to about 5/day on average now but was 10-25 per day through July.

I already have enough work for next year to get me to September and anytime I have left will only be worth more.

Prices are going up, costs are going up.

Shortages of materials now. Seems I spend an hour per day just trying to find/buy product.

Everything is on back order and suppliers are saying this will likely carry into next season.

Hey Tim, could you please pm me a reference for landscape contractor in south eastern ontario. I need a stone patio built and there is no way I am doing that shit myself. Once was enough for me.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is you.  I hope it works for you.

I'm concerned about the future generation and the mess we are leaving them as well, but we're not really gonna change much.  

Just because I can’t change things doesn’t mean I need to be quiet about what I see as wrong 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Hey Tim, could you please pm me a reference for landscape contractor in south eastern ontario. I need a stone patio built and there is no way I am doing that shit myself. Once was enough for me.

Sorry Craig, I don't know anyone out that way.

Around Kitchener/Waterloo I know lots.

Pavers are in short supply right now. I have a job that's been sitting 4 weeks now waiting for pavers to come in.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Sorry Craig, I don't know anyone out that way.

Around Kitchener/Waterloo I know lots.

Pavers are in short supply right now. I have a job that's been sitting 4 weeks now waiting for pavers to come in.

I want natural stone. Any suggestions on a supplier.

10 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

By the molds and cast your own concrete. Simple , all the same aesthetics and 20% of the cost 

37 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

I buy stone from a couple of local landscape yards, not from a quarry. You can view products here.

https://www.adamslandscapesupply.ca/

https://creativelandscapedepot.com/

You likely have similar places near you. They supply the contractors. 

I know the yards I deal with have good contractors they will recommend so maybe you want to start there. Have a look at the stone you want use and ask who has been buying it lately, get a look at some of their work.

Ask to see projects that are under construction or have been down for sometime. Anyone can make it look pretty for the short run. Base prep is the key for getting a long life from any patio.

Are you thinking dry laying it or mortared down? One of my landscapers does a halfway between deal where he compacts A-gravel them puts down an inch of mortar to bed the stones then he grouts with Polymeric sand. Its a good compromise.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Are you sure a bar/restaurant is a wise investment for your health and sanity?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

By the molds and cast your own concrete. Simple , all the same aesthetics and 20% of the cost 

The same aesthetics? Really?

It would be a lot less than 20% for what you are describing.  Natural flagstone patio would be around $50/sqft depending on size.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The same aesthetics? Really?

It would be a lot less than 20% for what you are describing.  Natural flagstone patio would be around $50/sqft depending on size.

Ah no....not even close. You have no idea what you’re babbling about. He was talking about stone veneer ....not a patio 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ah no....not even close. You have no idea what you’re babbling about. He was talking about stone veneer ....not a patio 

2 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Hmmm....Ok.