Check your account email address ×

Mask test

I've watched masked ATV'ers who were riding on dusty trails talking to others trail side, the dust blows off as they talk to others, so if they have Covid particles on the mask it would simply become air born and affect others nearby. My wife wore 1 last week while we rode our RZR as she had some dental surgery the day before and wanted to keep the dirt out of her mouth, when she took the Mask off the dirt had obviously went right thru, these masks are the ones Walmart supplies to their employees where she works. Pretty worthless wearing 1 as far as we could tell.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I've watched masked ATV'ers who were riding on dusty trails talking to others trail side, the dust blows off as they talk to others, so if they have Covid particles on the mask it would simply become air born and affect others nearby. My wife wore 1 last week while we rode our RZR as she had some dental surgery the day before and wanted to keep the dirt out of her mouth, when she took the Mask off the dirt had obviously went right thru, these masks are the ones Walmart supplies to their employees where she works. Pretty worthless wearing 1 as far as we could tell.

SMH

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Did the dirt from her teeth end up in yours ?

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Did the dirt from her teeth end up in yours ?

Her mouth was black from all the dust that went thru, she was not happy that the mask couldn't prevent it, she doubled up using 2 different types on the way back, 32 miles later, same thing when she took them off at our hauler trailer, dust went right thru both..

Edited by XCR1250

I hate the masks we gave out at work because I find them stifling given how heavy they are but apparently when worn on SxS's they keep the dirt out.   Masks need to be 3 ply to be effective against covid.  I'll stick with a pulled up neck gator the 1-2x a year I'm on a SxS.  

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I hate the masks we gave out at work because I find them stifling given how heavy they are but apparently when worn on SxS's they keep the dirt out.   Masks need to be 3 ply to be effective against covid.  I'll stick with a pulled up neck gator the 1-2x a year I'm on a SxS.  

Not sure what Wally hands out to associates but they certainly don't stop the dust..dust for the most part is P200 material, mostly silt.

8 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Her mouth was black from all the dust that went thru, she was not happy that the mask couldn't prevent it, she doubled up using 2 different types on the way back, 32 miles later, same thing when she took them off at our hauler trailer, dust went right thru both..

Jebus Fook. Did any dirt get past her mask and go from her teeth to yours ?

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Jebus Fook. Did any dirt get past her mask and go from her teeth to yours ?

How would anyone determine that? I was covered with dust, needed an air hose to blow it off when we get back home.